Original topic:

HW-MM55 soundbar loses surround sound function

(Topic created on: 1/26/21 11:17 AM)
usertvQxNmJyzk
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Issue: For the past few weeks, when playing movies, turning the Surround sound function ON and Sound Mode to Movie gives the best experience for about five minutes before it all goes flat, the Surround resets to OFF. Turning Surround On resets the Mode to Standard, sound ok, but not as full as Movie. Can't get Surround to stay ON. I don't know what changed. 

Current Setup: Apple TV HD (latest generation) connected to 2018 HW-MM55 Samsung Soundbar  via HDMI, soundbar connected to 2015 Samsung 6300 TV via HDMI. I've tried other setups, direct to TV, then to soundbar, used an optical cable, even with a FireTV...same.

Settings: Issue remains no matter what audio format is set on the Apple TV, auto or Dolby 5.1. Loud sound reduction is off.  Soundbar input is HDMI, Dynamic Sound Control looks to be off. TV audio output is PCM, no setting input for this model. 

I don't see a firmware update for the HW-MM55. So, at a loss. Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Reply
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

I'm sorry to hear that, does this occur with any movie that you watch or app that you use? Also, have you tried using different HDMI cables? ANd have you mads rue the software on your TV is up to date? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes