cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fatguy666
Constellation

HW-MS650 Soundbar - can't use D.IN and TV ARC at the same time?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my UE55NU8000 plugged into the soundbar through TV ARC for a few weeks now and it's been great.

However, I wanted to use the SPDIF connection for a DIFFERENT source, audio straight from my PC.

Unfortunately, it seems the only way to use the SPDIF is to pull the HDMI from the TV ARC socket on the soundbar. Is there no way to fix this? Seems very limited.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userHa3E9M5stf
Asteroid

Re: HW-MS650 Soundbar - can't use D.IN and TV ARC at the same time?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I asked a similar question with the HW-N950:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater-Home-Audio/HW-N950-Cannot-Select-D-IN-with-AnyNet-E...

Seems to be yet another unnecessary limitation in their products that completely defeats a common usecase.  

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regrettably, support for non-US models is very limited. We suggest reaching out to a support team in your area for further assistance. You can do so by using the following link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry.Thanks! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Raymond_R
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone seen a single instance of Samsung support being helpful? 

userHa3E9M5stf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I asked a similar question with the HW-N950:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater-Home-Audio/HW-N950-Cannot-Select-D-IN-with-AnyNet-E...

Seems to be yet another unnecessary limitation in their products that completely defeats a common usecase.  

Highlighted
fatguy666
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like we're in the same boat then, and this seems like such a silly limitation of the system.

My wife uses the Netflix app on the TV and ARC is basically required as Wireless mode had sync issues.

I was hoping to use the D.IN for PC audio as my Creative Sound Blaster can do Dolby Digital Live for proper 5.1 in games and my Nvidia GPU can't.

Surely this is an easy fix for Samsung? I don't fancy spending money on an HDMI audio inserter. 

EDIT - 4 months later and I can't believe I actually tried this but the solution I have just found is to use Bluetooth for the audio from TV apps like Netflix and switch over to D.IN for my PC. Can't believe that there is little to no lag on the BT audio, I never even gave it a shot as the audio over WiFi was so out of sync. BT even sounds better than audio from WiFi, actually can't tell the difference between that and TV ARC - full 5.1!