cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: HW-MS650 arc connection not playing sound or displaying video through the HDMI passthrough

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sir you are the MAN! after almost 2 hr trying to understand why my Sounbar + ms650 won't work with arc, when it worked perfctely fine with BT and the other connection, then hopeless i tried this last method and it worked thank you very much! ( i have the samsung Samsung UE49NU8000T i haven't found anything regarding with my tv, if someone is interested this method work)

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: HW-MS650 arc connection not playing sound or displaying video through the HDMI passthrough

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Installed a Samsung TV (UN82NU8000FXZA) with soundbar (HW-MS650/ZA) and subwoofer (SWA-W700/ZA) and connected the soundbar to the HDMI4 (ARC) port. All items were purcahsed together and installed the same day. I remember unplugging the soundbar and TV multiple times in my attempts to get ARC working. I was never able to get the ARC working (HDMI connection not reported through TV settings for sound), but bluetooth & wifi worked. After experiencing blackouts of the video from both the Roku streaming (HDMI 1) and Playstation4 (HDMI 3) ports, I upgraded all HDMI cables from HDMI 1.0 (18GB/s) to HDMI 2.1 (48gb/s). The soundbar then established an ARC connection with the HDMI 2.1 cable, but did not play sound. I unplugged the TV for 15 minutes as advised in the prevous post and the ARC worked at turn-on with no additional steps!!

While the orginal cables (Monster Cables HD Gold & Amazon Basics) proported support for Fire TV, Apple TV, PS4, PS3, XBox one, Xbox 360, 4K video and Audio Return Channel (ARC) both original brand cables of HDMI 1.0 (18GB/s) did NOT work for ARC in my setup. I am hopeful that my video dropouts will also be resolved.

In short upgrading from HDMI 1.0 (18GB/s) to HDMI 2.1 (48GB/s) and unplugging the TV for 15 minutes allowed ARC to work for me.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"Unplugging the TV from the wall for at least 15 minutes. This resets the Anytime connection and allows the TV to use ARC HDMI. This issue and solution is all over the internet. Not once did Samsung seem to be aware of th main culprit. Not once did they have me try this step. Instead, Samsung ignored me on the forums, which was probably for the best, given the support provided here. They had me spend hours making multiple calls, replacing unfaltering equipment, and even entering a bogus service ticket for a technician to come to my house. Samsung should have been up on the issues Samsung Soundbaras have with ARC. I had a case open with Samsung for over a week to solve my Samsung MU8000 TV recognizing my MS650 over ARC. This included exchanging my Soundbar for a new one. Did not fix. Replacing my One Connect, which was not needed, along with all sorts of other troubleshooting that would have never fixed the provlem."

YUP! That worked for me. So glad I saw your post. Just unplugging the TV did the trick, after hours of troubleshooting. I'm so grateful for your post. Thank you!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem.   The soundbar was connected to my Samsung TV using the HDMI/ARC ports on both devices.  It worked just fine for a couple of months.  Then mysteriously when I would power on all the devices, the soundbar would briefly flash TV ARC before switching to D.IN and providing no sound.  Additionally, when I looked at the TV's inputs, it no longer had an ANYNET+ for the soundbar.   ANYNET+ was not recognizing the soundbar.  Hitting some combination of buttons on the soundbar remote that I don't recall, the soundbar displayed S MUTE which indicates that the sound from the source (in this case my set top cable box) was not providing the soundbar with any sound.  This was erroneous as the source was indeed providing sound as I verified when I switched the TV's sound setting from the external speaker (soundbar) to the TV's internal speaker.   I unplugged everything (set top box, soundbar, TV) from the outlet for 15 minutes.  I did not disconnect any HDMI cables.  Upon powering up everything worked as it had for months before.  The TV Input list once again displayed the ANYNET+ connection for the soundbar.  Once the soundbar turned on, it displayed TV ARC and stayed that way.  Thank you for the help.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: HW-MS650 arc connection not playing sound or displaying video through the ..

JUMP TO SOLUTION
FOR ANYONE WHO IS STILL STRUGGLING WITH THIS ISSUE (No TV/ARC, D.IN flashing, No sound from soundbar):

NOTE: @userSMcoldMP1L had the correct answer, which interestingly is not provided by Samsung support (nor does it appear in the manual as pointed out by @userigHescbxF2).

1) Unplug the HDMI cable from the soundbar and TV and power off both devices.

2) Go to your Samsung SmartThings app and DELETE the Samsung Sound+ soundbar.

3) Power ON the TV and Samsung soundbar and connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI-ARC ports on both devices.

4) Press and hold the VOLUME "---" button for SEVERAL seconds (it may take longer than you think), until you see the soundbar reset (LCD will flash CONNECT or something like that).

5) In SmartThings, Click the "+" button and "Add Device", then (make sure soundbar is on), click "Scan Nearby".
** It should quickly locate the Samsung Soundbar. If you did not do Step 4, it will detect the soundbar but won't let you add it because it is "owned by another account" (technically still "owned" by YOUR Samsung account, even though you deleted it). It will then prompt you to reset the soundbar, which is basically Step 4 (press/hold VOLUME DOWN). **

6) Once the soundbar has been successfully added, connected to your Wi-Fi (and after any necessary firmware updates), you can now do the following on the soundbar REMOTE CONTROL:

-- PRESS & HOLD LEFT "(" button on remote for 5(ish) seconds ------>
Trigger AUTO POWER ON/OFF

-- PRESS & HOLD RIGHT ")" button on remote for 5(ish) seconds ------>
Trigger ANYNET+ ON/OFF

7) [**CRITICAL STEP!**] Ensure that at least ANYNET+ is ON, and..... that's it. Your soundbar should flash "TV/ARC" again.