cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user1k48IKUZlD
Constellation

HW-MS650 arc connection not playing sound or displaying video through the HDMI passthrough

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just recently bought a HW-MS650 to go with my Samsung KS-8000 smart tv, and I am having some issues with the HDMI ARC connection.  While Anynet+ does detect the soundbar, I am getting no sound whatsoever on the HDMI-ARC source.  I've tried going back to the optical cable, but cannot get it to switch to DN-I from ARC.  Also, I have tried connecting my Xbox One S to the HDMII input but even when switched to HDMI mode, I only get the speaker is connected screen when I switch to the ARC port input.  No Audio from the Xbox or video.  Good news is I am able to connect the bar with bluetooth, so I am not completely sunk, but would prefer a wired connection.  I'm using a Radio-shack HDMI cable, so I am wondering if that may be the problem.  I do have a HDCP cable on route from Amazon, so I hope that helps. 

Anyone else having ARC issues with their MS650?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user1k48IKUZlD
Constellation

Re: HW-MS650 arc connection not playing sound or displaying video through the HDMI passthrough

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A bit of a update.  With a new hdmi cable, I got in touch with Samsung support and did the usual "try unpluging it and plug it back in" trick.  I'm happy to say it worked like a charm and I am enjoying my soundbar.  Thanks for the assist!

10 REPLIES 10
user1k48IKUZlD
Constellation

Re: HW-MS650 arc connection not playing sound or displaying video through the HDMI passthrough

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A bit of a update.  With a new hdmi cable, I got in touch with Samsung support and did the usual "try unpluging it and plug it back in" trick.  I'm happy to say it worked like a charm and I am enjoying my soundbar.  Thanks for the assist!

userkkKZ2qUQum
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I have the same problem.

The sound bar was working perfectly (was switching on when tv was turned on etc.) for about a week and then all of a sudden when I select TV ARC input it plays for about 2 seconds then switches to “D IN” and no sound comes from the sound bar also sound bar doesn’t turn on when tv is turned on anymore. 

I have tried changing HDMI cables, powering off etc. but no luck. 

My tv is the Samsung JS9000 and I can only get the sound bar working through BT or WIFI at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated. 

userkkKZ2qUQum
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE: I just unplugged my One Connect power cable for 5 mins as well as the sound bar then reconnected and 🤞 the TV ARC connection is now working. 

userSMcoIdMP1L
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I connect ms650 to  55MU9000 tv first time TVARC didnt work. On wi-fi mode ms950 update itself and TVARC seems 3 sec and then D IN mode apperas again. I solved the problem using ms950 remote right click 5 sec holding and Anynet mode ON. Now when tv start ms950 start with it and TVARC mode is working good.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear this. Can I get the full model number of the unit in question? 

userKqzkkUvjSE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi my tv is Philips 55put7101/56 and I just bought a Samsung sound bar m5650 and tv arc did not appear... selected D.in, didnt work, hold the thing for 5 secs didn’t  work, turn everything off and waited 10 mins, didnt work, changed hdmi cable didn’t work, basically everything didn’t work. 

userigHescbxF2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your reply is absolutely spot on. No mention of this is the MS 650 manual but it cured the problem for me straight away.

Many thanks 

AZWarrior
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you. It worked on my Samsung Q series TV and Samsung 950 Soundbar. As long as this lasts a few months between failures, I can live with this rebooting. 

userpHttuWTfdG
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user1k48IKUZlD wrote:

I just recently bought a HW-MS650 to go with my Samsung KS-8000 smart tv, and I am having some issues with the HDMI ARC connection.  While Anynet+ does detect the soundbar, I am getting no sound whatsoever on the HDMI-ARC source.  I've tried going back to the optical cable, but cannot get it to switch to DN-I from ARC.  Also, I have tried connecting my Xbox One S to the HDMII input but even when switched to HDMI mode, I only get the speaker is connected screen when I switch to the ARC port input.  No Audio from the Xbox or video.  Good news is I am able to connect the bar with bluetooth, so I am not completely sunk, but would prefer a wired connection.  I'm using a Radio-shack HDMI cable, so I am wondering if that may be the problem.  I do have a HDCP cable on route from Amazon, so I hope that helps. 

Anyone else having ARC issues with their MS650?

Unplugging the TV from the wall for at least 15 minutes. This resets the Anytime connection and allows the TV to use ARC HDMI. This issue and solution is all over the internet. Not once did Samsung seem to be aware of th main culprit. Not once did they have me try this step. Instead, Samsung ignored me on the forums, which was probably for the best, given the support provided here. They had me spend hours making multiple calls, replacing unfaltering equipment, and even entering a bogus service ticket for a technician to come to my house. Samsung should have been up on the issues Samsung Soundbaras have with ARC. I had a case open with Samsung for over a week to solve my Samsung MU8000 TV recognizing my MS650 over ARC. This included exchanging my Soundbar for a new one. Did not fix. Replacing my One Connect, which was not needed, along with all sorts of other troubleshooting that would have never fixed the provlem.