cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PlanetXpress
Asteroid

HW-MS650 automatically powering off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having a problem with my HW-MS650 soundbar in that it will decide to power itself down after if it has not received audio for a few minutes (~5).

I have this connected to my TV via digitial optical cable. D.IN is the only input I have connected and am using. I have also ensured the Auto Power Link feature is Off.

I don't want anything to happen automatically. All I want this sound bar to do is power on and off when my remote tells it to. Is this possible?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userOJ1XK6AyQ0
Constellation

Re: HW-MS650 automatically powering off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

excuse my english. i got the same problem with digital cable connected to my tv.

i finaly solved the problem by setting the Audio format (it's a samsung tv) my output tv to PCM instead of Binary train (free traduction...). Hope it will help.

84 REPLIES 84
PlanetXpress
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I discovered that the auto power down feature that exists for the AUX input, may potentially apply to all inputs. Can I get confirmation that the AUX auto power down function will ensure auto-power down feature is disabled for all inputs?
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello userFl7XhsTtuG,

The unit turns off automatically in the following situations.

– D.IN / HDMI / WIFI / BT Mode : If there is no audio signal for 5 minutes.

– HDMI Mode : If there is no audio signal for 15 minutes.

– AUX Mode : – If the Audio (AUX) Cable is disconnected for 5 minutes.

– If there is no KEY input for 8 hours when the Audio (AUX) Cable is connected. (Auto Power Down function can be turned off only in that case.)

To turn off Auto Power Down function, while in “AUX” mode, press and hold the play/pause button for 5 seconds. “ON - AUTO POWER DOWN” / “OFF - AUTO POWER DOWN” appears on the display.

Highlighted
usergHybPZuqk0
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes this drives me crazy as well. Connected via hdmi arc to a ks9000 and whenever the automatic off function activates it kicks my tv speakers on and I have to go into the tv settings to reselect the sound bar. It is very annoying and had I known I'd be constantly fiddling with it,  I never would have purchased the sound bar.  Any chance that samsung will update in the future to allow the user to disable the auto off or at least lengthen the time?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To turn off Auto Power Down function, while in “AUX” mode, press and hold the play/pause button for 5 seconds. “ON - AUTO POWER DOWN” / “OFF - AUTO POWER DOWN” appears on the display.

usergHybPZuqk0
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That does not help the problem.  The problem is that this only works when set to the aux input. Auto power down is NOT disabled for the other input sources. Is there any way to disable it for the other input sources?

PlanetXpress
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This does not seem to work anymore. Originally it worked for a period of time but this auto power down function seems to turn itself back on. I cannot keep this feature turned off and I want to send the unit back at this point. Do I have a defective unit?

On a side note, 5 minutes is completely unreasonable for this feature. I will not even have time to browse Netflix before the soundbar shuts itself down and needs to be powered back on again.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

PlanetXpress, does this work while in Aux mode?

userqBgO7wpaZD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What about if your tv arc mode I’m started my think over and over that I wasted my money I can’t get any real answers on why my hw-k850 #1 no atmos to be found at all , #2 keeps just going off when watching Netflix this is joke I’ve returned one I will return this one as well 

userhX3M53PEKl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regrettably I may have found the reason for some of this - certainly for anyone in the EU! Seems that power saving regulations mean that it HAS to by law go into low power mode after 15 minutes if it detects no activity. I’m guessing maybe Samsung just has the one firmware so affects the rest of the world as well.....?