cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEJJuic0Ghx
Asteroid

Re: HW-MS650 automatically powering off

JUMP TO SOLUTION
TOTALLY AGREE!!! Having to manually turn your sound back on after pausing for 5 mins if RIDICULOUS! Samsung needs to issue a firmware update and change it to 30 mins. at least!
buybuydandavis
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've seen this comment from Samsung a lot on different models.

In the BOLD section, you should make clear that this will only shut down the auto shutoff while in Source=AUX , and will have no effect for any other Source.

Is it really so difficult to make this shut off apply across *all* sources? It is ridiculously lame to always have to turn on the sound bar. Auto Shut Off should be an option, not the *only* mode possible. 

Itsmescotty
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Every reply on this thread is that this is not the solution. Could you please escalate this internally and make sure the designers see customer feedback? They have released a broken product, and they need to fix it. Thanks!

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We will forward your feedback accordingly. 

userEJJuic0Ghx
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I AGREE... NONE OF THE "FIXES" SUGGESTED BY SAMSUNG CUSTOMER SERVICE FIXES THE PROBLEM.

SAMSUNG... ISSUE AN UPDATE SO YOUR CUSTOMERS CAN DISABLE THIS PRE-INSTALLED SETTING

userEJJuic0Ghx
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It won't help to turn off the auto shutoff feature.  Samsung has set it to only work on AUX for some unknown reason.  SO FRUSTRATING! Love the sound...hate having to manually turn it back on after pausing my Samsung TV for 5 MINUTES! RIDICULOUS.  PLZ ISSUE US A FIRMWARE UPDATE!!! We all hate this feature...make it 30 mins. and we will be soooo happy.

FrankRocks
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sad to see another fellow buyer falling into the same trap. I have been struggling with the same problem ever since I bought my HW-K650 sound bar Nov last year. There is already a long thread about this named "HW-K550 Sound bar: cannot disable Auto Power Down ". Trust me I tried all "solutions" and none of them work. Contacting samsung support all I got is citation from the manual like one of the replies above. I would advise you to contact Samsung nevertheless. Only when enough people contacting them withe same prolem will they take this seriously. And also tell your friends and family to stay away from Samsung soundbars until the prolem is fixed.

user19x8iGzqlp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issues.  Have you found a resolution yet?

userEJJuic0Ghx
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Afraid that Samsung has told me there is NO solution. This stupid 5 min shutoff is on all their new soundbars and everyone is complaining.

Only solution is for us to keep on them to issue a firmware update to be able to disable it or set it for at least 30 mins instead. Be well! Ed
Highlighted
userOd8KEv9PLA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've just got a Samsung UE65MU6500 + a Samsung HW-MS650 sound bar and SWA 9000S rear speakers and spent this Xmas morning setting it all up the sound bar is connected by HDMI cable to the TV and says ARC in the little window on the right hand side of it as I look at it. 

The problem is after about 10mins it turns itself off is this a faulty sound bar or can it be a setting up problem that can be fixed I'm not very good with new technology but would welcome any help, when it's on it sounds amazing but then all of a sudden it goes quiet and you realise it's switched itself off again it's going to ruin Xmas day if it keeps doing this I'll get in contact with the retailer on 27th December 2017 and ask them for assistance if I can't get it going today but what a pity a fantastic piece of kit like this has such an annoying fault.