cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEJJuic0Ghx
Asteroid

Re: HW-MS650 automatically powering off

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You are having the same problem as ALL of us who have purchased a Samsung soundbar this year.
In their infinite wisdom they put in a factory default setting to turn off the soundbar after 5 mins of " no signal " ....or in other words if you pause your TV.
Have contacted them numerous times about mine ( Hw-ms750 ) and asking for a firmware update to address this problem. Its a real pain to have to keep manually turning it back on
Highlighted
userVxsbzPRt86
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is crazy, such a beautiful device, and it has this HUGE flaw.  I found this Amazon review , and someone from Samsung actually repied and said to use HDMI or Wi-Fi connection, not Optical.  There's no way I can belive that Wi-Fi or even Bluetooth would provide as good as a sound connection to Optical.  Using Optical, only has one or two disavantages that HDMI ARC, however, it will be years before we really need ARC to begin with.

useruBBEDszyP3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will add my crying voice to the crowd as I am also having an issue with the ridiculous 5min power off issue on my ms650. What person thought that 5mins would be a good setting and not give the user the option to extend it or turn the feature off completely. Samsung please fix this fiasco! or atleast extend the power of time on the optical to something more reasonable like 30min.

userjK5ZcjRhuc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here’s ANOTHER person- same complaint. Sound bar connected via HDMI-Arc. I’ve done all the steps to disable auto-power off, but nope, 5 mins without sound and it turns off. You can’t even browse Netflix without the thing powering down. This should be a SIMPLE firmware fix. How can we get a message to someone who can actually help??  

userOd8KEv9PLA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've just got a Samsung UE65MU6500 + a Samsung HW-MS650 sound bar and SWA 9000S rear speakers and spent this Xmas morning setting it all up the sound bar is connected by HDMI cable to the TV and says ARC in the little window on the right hand side of it as I look at it. 

The problem is after about 10mins it turns itself off is this a faulty sound bar or can it be a setting up problem that can be fixed I'm not very good with new technology but would welcome any help, when it's on it sounds amazing but then all of a sudden it goes quiet and you realise it's switched itself off again it's going to ruin Xmas day if it keeps doing this I'll get in contact with the retailer on 27th December 2017 and ask them for assistance if I can't get it going today but what a pity a fantastic piece of kit like this has such an annoying fault. 

userFU0xDitCO0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ever since I hooked up the soundbar to WiFi and updated the firmware haven’t had this problem ever since. 

usernEMcwVzia2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i noticed that when TV Audio output set to PCM, the soundbar doesnt power off. however, when it's set to Dolby Surround, then the soundbar  powers off after 5 min.

the problem is that the second option provides louder sound and more effects.

user1EHrBSaLq4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wonder if Samsung even view these forums?

I imagine this takes the most basic of firmware updates to fix.

usernEMcwVzia2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i wish they do review the forums. otherwise they will loose customers ..

i really think seriously to send the soundbar back and get an LG ..

poeb
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here..... Please fix. Annoying with 5 minutes. At least it's 15 when using normal hmdi input. But it really should not be like this