Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userTlWMI9E2mi
Asteroid

Re: HW-MS650 automatically powering off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regarding my previous post:

- Activate the tv HDMI-CEC ( SIMPLINK for LG, Anynet for Samsung) and HDMI Auto Power Sync  ---- this setting is only for the TV

- the soundbar HDMI Auto Power Sync should be OFF --- long press on back soundbar's remote button

I have a LG tv and for me these settings work. If I also turn off the HDMI Auto Power Sync from the TV (I have this setting together with SIMPLINK (HDMI-CEC), no need for a secrete code Smiley Happy ) the auto power down returns for the soundbar.

Highlighted
Darkshack
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well Shoot, I Appears I Have Jumped The Gun A Bit And Embarressed MyselfSmiley Happy I Seems Whatever I Did Reset Itself As When I Paused Netflix Today The Soundbar Shut Off AgainSmiley Sad I Have Tried Every Solution In This Thread And Nothing Sticks, I Might Just Have To Learn To Live With itSmiley Sad @userTlWMI9E2mi  I Have A Samsung UN75MU6300 Model TV And Can't Find Any HDMI Auto Power Sync Setting, Just The HDMI Auto Switch Code That I'm Not Sure Really Worked After All, After Trying It Again It Doesent Do Anything, Might Have Just Been The Xbox Or Something. The Auto Power Link On Soundbar Is Set To OFF, HDMI-CEC On TV Is ON. Pretty Dissapointing I Don't Want To Go Back To Wi-Fi Connection As It Just Doesent Sound As Good But Doesent Auto Shut Off After 5 Mins, So I'll Just Have To Get Used To Turning The Soundbar Back On Everytime I Leave For 5 Mins. I Am Open To Any Other Solutions To Try And Hope That Samsung Will Fix This Either Through TV Or Soundbar Update. I Paid Quite A Bit For The TV, Soundbar, Rear Speakers And Subwoofer Addons, Love Samsung But This Little Annoyance Is Making Me Think I Should Have Gone With Another BrandSmiley Sad It Seems To Be Affecting Alot Of People, So Wishful Thinking Someone At Samsung Will Hear Us And Fix it. Thanks.

Harlow Quinn
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Funny that I have the opposite problem. No matter what setting I use the sound bar never turns itself off. It will power itself on if I connect a Bluetooth device or Wi-Fi, or if I turn the television on while connected to the optical connection which is what I'm using currently. The problem I have is that I do want the sound bar to turn off when I turn the television off or at least a few minutes later so that I don't have to use a second remote. If I turn off my television, with auto power down on it, the sound bar will remain on overnight.

Darkshack
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After Some Testing Over The Past Week Or So I've Noticed It Now Only Powers Down After 5 Mins For Me On The TV Apps Netflix, Crave TV Etc, Not Sure If Its Because I Now Use The MS-750 Model Or If It's The TV Or TV Apps Triggering The Shut Down, I Also Recently Installed A New Firmware Update For My TV UN75MU6300. Before That With The MS-650 Model It Auto Shut Down On Everything, But Now If I Pause Anything Hooked Up Through HDMI It Doesent Power Down With External Xbox Or TV Box Paused For Hours, So Its Better Than It Was. On Wi-Fi Connection It Never Powers Down, Havent Tried Optical Or Bluetooth Connections So Far. To Kinda Make This Annoyance A Little Easier I Programmed My Amazon Alexa Echo To Control My Soundbar, So When It Auto Powers Down On Netflix Etc I Just Tell Alexia To Turn It Back On, Saves Me From Having To Get Up And Grab The Remote Anyway. Thanks

Harlow Quinn
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Going to have HDMI connected when I rewire next week. As of now, WiFi, Bluetooth, and optical, remain on infinitely. Will even remain in standby for days ir not manually turned off.

Harlow Quinn
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I guess the moral of my story is, be careful what you wish for. I guess most people on this board would probably like to have the problem that I did with the sound bar never auto powering off. Well, I resolved the issue, by resetting the sound bar, holding the up volume and down volume buttons on the sound bar for about 10 seconds until I and INIT displayed on the device, then setting up the sound bar up again from scratch. Now the sound bar does auto power off after a few minutes of no audio received. Unfortunately now I see why every one has been complaining about this. It is really annoying! The only positive is at least I know my sound bar is working the way it should, sadly, the way it should work isn't necessarily the way most would prefer it to work. It would be nice to be able to set how long the sound bar waits before powering itself off.
Harlow Quinn
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is really odd. I didn't even have to do anything. After the factory soundbar reset, it began shutting down after periods of not receiving a signal. Annoying, but working as designed. After a day, now it never shuts off even if the TV is off for hours. Will auto power on, but never shuts down on its own unless I use HDMI ARC. I only say that because I haven't tried HDMI yet. Seems whenever I factory reset the bar, auto shutdown when no signal received enables on optical temporarily.
userXPJZIADGEE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Following this thread for a while now, because I experienced the same problems since I purchased this soundbar a year ago. But now, out of the blue, it doesn't turn off after 5 minutes when I pause Netflix since yesterday. It hasn't run an update or something. The only thing I've done differently is that I controlled the multiroom app with an iphone instead of my S9. This can't be related right? 🤔

Just paused a Netflix episode for 10 minutes, but the soundbar was still on. It has never done this before. Don't get me wrong, I like this hopefully permanent change, but I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this? And why is it happening?? 

Cheers from the Netherlands.

userWpQxSRRuVK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

None of these solutions have worked for me. Have the NU8000 and ms650. Soundbar shuts off after 5min of Netflix being paused

userWpQxSRRuVK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Every solution and manual on the ms650 Samsung.com page states that auto shut off happens after 20 min of no input. This is a flat out lie. As everyone else has stated here, it happens after 5 min. Whatever moderator reads this please make a ticket to your QA/engineering team or whoever needs to see this so this issue gets fixed. This is an easy-as-pie firmware fix that you refuse to do.