cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWpQxSRRuVK
Constellation

Re: HW-MS650 automatically powering off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Every solution and manual on the ms650 Samsung.com page states that auto shut off happens after 20 min of no input. This is a flat out lie. As everyone else has stated here, it happens after 5 min. Whatever moderator reads this please make a ticket to your QA/engineering team or whoever needs to see this so this issue gets fixed. This is an easy-as-pie firmware fix that you refuse to do. 

userpHttuWTfdG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung 65" MU8000, HW-MS650 and SWA-W700, here. Just purchased the MS650 and W700 from Amazon.

Soundbar is connected to the TV via HDMI ARC.

Having the same issue here, as most others. Pausing any media for 5 minutes powers down the soundbar. I have tried every solution listed here, to no avail.

Judging from the comments, this issue is not truly resolved and Samsung has bailed on the topic, after what was suspicious support, to begin with. The sound quality and this performance issue is likely going to drive me to return it to Amazon, along with the Woofer. These product were 800 bucks!!! My 300 dollar, 6 year old previous Samsung soundbar had sound quality almost this good, with none of the issues.

Couple questions...

1) Does anyone know if Samsung plans to deliver a solution? If so, what are the details? From what I can read, they don't even acknowledge the problem.

2) The disable HDMI auto detect... This did not resolve thebissue, but I truly do not know if I performed the steps correctly. Can anyone clearify these steps? Can anyone confirm if this really fixes the issue?

Thank you.

chumpa13
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

None of the solutions offered in this thread work. Soundbar is continuosly powering off after 5 minutes.

Why is this thread marked as solved? Can a moderator change the title and try to solve this issue?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome @Darkshack.  If you need anything in the future, please reach out.  Thank you for being a loyal Samsung customer.

Highlighted
usera5YZ5ySPjs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungCat  Stop accepting this as the solution and closing threads. This does not work. I tried this a long time ago. Thanks but this needs to be forwarded to a QA team for an actual firmware fix