cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-MS650 automatically powering off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks! 

user6K7iIKhSaz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Worst. Response. Ever. The problem is worldwide... Way to go Samsung! Trying to isolate people by their country of origin as opposed to addressing what is now an international power off issue...

user1mq4XQ3Cx0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Samsung - shame you
user1chNgiEoAt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm really concerned about the moderators' customer service at Samsung!

Having the same issue in Denmark with the HW-K960 (K-950 in US). It is not a US-problem but a worldwide problem. Reading at the EU community others have been mentioned this issue as well  (So please don't say I should seek a support team for my own area). I really can't believe that this issue is not taken seriously and has still not been fixed for almost 2 years. It drives me crazy that I have to turn on the soundbar again after 5 minutes of inactivity when connected to HDMI ARC. 

Could you please submit a change request to your development team in order to make it possible for the users to disable the auto shutdown function or at least set the timer to e.g 4 hours?

Kind regards from Denmark... 

userPI0qItDyNp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you everyone for all the posts.  You have talked me out of buying 3 Samsung TVs/Samsung Soundbars for my new house.  Although, generally I would be using an HD TV channel to receive a signal from an HDMI modulator in another room.   If I had a lot of people over, pausing would cause me to have to stop everything and turn on 3 soundbars. Nope.

userGrcSW8ATmK
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can’t believe one line of code in the firmware can cause so much anger in my house. 

Timeout=5 minutes 

On average I have to turn my soundbar back on about 10 times a day because of this idiotic feature. 

Thankfully I have a universal remote and have programmed the power toggle into an unused button. But not everyone in my house uses that remote so they have to use the Samsung provided remote, which is so small it’s often lost somewhere under the couch cushions. EVERY DAY I have to endure someone yelling at the TV because there’s no sound. Then they can’t find the remote. 

You’ve created a winderful sounding soundbar but crippled it by introducing perhaps one of th most idiotic features known to man. 

If if you have to keep the setting then just change it to 10 mins or even better 15!  Why 5? Really, who thought of this?

And why isn’t anyone addressing this? It would take 5 minutes (yes the same amount of time as the stupid setting itself) to change the firmware. 

is anyone st Saumsung actually readibg these comments?????!!!!!!!! Hello???  

userGrcSW8ATmK
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And by the way, you have lost so many sales because of this as I warn everyone against buying ANY Samsung soundbar. 

Highlighted
userGrcSW8ATmK
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

P.s. I’ve turned the soundbar back on twice during the typing of this message. 

userX84LLn9Ty7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Toronto Canada

same problem.

$500 CAD Soundbar not even worth $20 because off this stupid "feature"

Fix it. Forward this issue to you're managers, fix it via software update

userfON5b70txN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Spain

same problem. Samsung, pease, fix it. Forward this issue to you're managers, fix it via firmware update, please.