cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEPZXeGVfrT
Astronaut

Re: HW-MS650 automatically powering off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At last I have solace with fellow sufferers.  I am in Australia and have had two Samsung soundbars returned but now realise the problem is not the unit - it is the firmware.  Samsung appear to be very stubborn in their resistance to implementing an option to resolve the timeout issue.  I have been a strong advocate for the brand - I am respectful of regulatory compliance but this is an impasse between users and an inconvenient regulation somewhere in the world that doesnt apply elsewhere.  Please consider the two years + worth of pleas from your customers...even make a submission to the regulators but do something.!

userwONZwZ9xMX
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is beyound annoying, you pause the TV, you walk away for a few mins, you come back, press play and now only TV Speakers are playing the sounds. This is nonsense! I have the entire system setup with Q9FN with rear surround and subwoofer. I didnt' spend this money to constantly fiddle with the TV settings! Let me worry about my power consumption.

Highlighted
userfON5b70txN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Completely agree. Samsung, please, do something ...

userIyWGpotQLK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just ridiculous.   Soundbars are meant to work with TVs.  If the tv doesn’t turn itself

off after 5 min why should soundbar? I am ok with having power save mode on by default if it’s required by regulation but users should be able to control it after purchasing the product and customize it as it best fits their watching and listening preferences.  Not being able to provide that to their customers will make their customer look elsewhere.  I bought my Samsung tv from costco and soundbar from bestbuy.  Now that I will be returning the soundbar I don’t see the point of keeping the Samsung TV either.  I may as well return it and get Sony TV and Sony soundbar.  Who would have thought that such a little totally fixable option via firmaware update would make customers experience so negative and have thousands of Samsung products being returned. 

simsoo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are of course many solutions that satisfy the need of users and regulatory requirements. Plenty of other soundbars subject to the same laws don't force this absurd "feature" on users. Imagine if your computer just turned itself off when it detected a pause in typing after 5 minutes. How dumb is that.

What we seeing is corporate beauracracy at its finest. Uninspired, stubborn, inept, and tone deaf. Crippling an otherwise fine product. I make sure whenever I can to tell those around me to avoid Samsung Soundbars.

Samsung for letting our pleas fall on deaf ears.

user1mq4XQ3Cx0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There was a soundbar firmware update in the Samsung app - MultiRoom

Firmware - 1147.2

the update seems to solve the problem with automatic shutdown

userJyj3u70w2M
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got the same problem with hw j355. Thing auto turns off in 20 minutes of inactivity.What worked for me is pairing it to my streaming box Bluetooth as an accessory even though i never use it, enabling Bluetooth power on my soundbar remote and turn off auto power. As long as my streaming box is powered on (even in sleep mode) , soundbar does not turn off. 

I have my soundbar connected to my vizio tv via optical and use the D-in source fwiw. 

Hope this helps 

userJ9cdOPwVRy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

LOOKS AS THOUGH SAMSUNG HAVE FINALLY FIXED THIS

Just had an update last night, no longer turns off after 5 minutes. Anybody else?

Darkshack
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup same here, i have the ms750 and i suprised they actully fixed it after so long!, was noticing it even before i knew there was an update! totally wasent expecting it, gave up hope months ago and have been using either wi-fi connection or alexa to turn the soundbar back on. Thats really great! but its too bad it took 2 years to fix and some people have either returned the bar and moved on beacause of this issue. It's a great soundbar, i have the full set with sub and rears and i still prefer it to anything thats been released since. I wonder if anyone has any release notes of 1147.2 to see what else has been fixed/changed/broken and fingers crossed they don't unfix this issue if there is ever another update!

@userJ9cdOPwVRy wrote:

LOOKS AS THOUGH SAMSUNG HAVE FINALLY FIXED THIS

Just had an update last night, no longer turns off after 5 minutes. Anybody else?