cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpHttuWTfdG
Cosmic Ray

Re: HW-MS650 automatically powering off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung 65" MU8000, HW-MS650 and SWA-W700, here. Just purchased the MS650 and W700 from Amazon.

Soundbar is connected to the TV via HDMI ARC.

Having the same issue here, as most others. Pausing any media for 5 minutes powers down the soundbar. I have tried every solution listed here, to no avail.

Judging from the comments, this issue is not truly resolved and Samsung has bailed on the topic, after what was suspicious support, to begin with. The sound quality and this performance issue is likely going to drive me to return it to Amazon, along with the Woofer. These product were 800 bucks!!! My 300 dollar, 6 year old previous Samsung soundbar had sound quality almost this good, with none of the issues.

Couple questions...

1) Does anyone know if Samsung plans to deliver a solution? If so, what are the details? From what I can read, they don't even acknowledge the problem.

2) The disable HDMI auto detect... This did not resolve thebissue, but I truly do not know if I performed the steps correctly. Can anyone clearify these steps? Can anyone confirm if this really fixes the issue?

Thank you.

chumpa13
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

None of the solutions offered in this thread work. Soundbar is continuosly powering off after 5 minutes.

Why is this thread marked as solved? Can a moderator change the title and try to solve this issue?

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome @Darkshack.  If you need anything in the future, please reach out.  Thank you for being a loyal Samsung customer.

userhDRL6z8iTu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solved issue, as I have a soundbar nearly a year old and the same thing is happening.  @SamsungCat  why is this being marked as solved by moderators?  The 'solution' post doesn't work for everyone, and it necessitates a lesser version of the audio, which is not acceptable.  

usera5YZ5ySPjs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungCat  Stop accepting this as the solution and closing threads. This does not work. I tried this a long time ago. Thanks but this needs to be forwarded to a QA team for an actual firmware fix

user6K7iIKhSaz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Throwing my hat in the ring here. I'm having this exact same issue. None of the posted solutions work with the EXCEPTION of changing the audio from bitstream to PCM. But that's not a solution.  It just creates more issues and eliminates the centre channel of the sound bar and replaces it with stereo sound only...

In a nutshell,

I have an AppleTV hooked up to a Samsung TV (7000 series) and then HW-MS650 soundbar.

The expected experience is that I should be able to turn on my tv and watch a movie.  I should be able to "pause" the video to go to the bathroom.  When I come back and press the play button, the equipment should pick back up where I left it.  

Instead, when I pause anything for 5 minutes,  the soundbar shuts off and the TV reverts back to "TV Speaker" until I go in and adjust the settings to use the Soundbar again.

Seriously? I had figured that by purchasing equipment from the same manuafacturer that this type of "you understood" would be accounted for.  This makes the experience flawed and because the equipment has been in my house for less than a week, without a simple and seamless solution I'm going to pack this up and simply take it back.  Dropping thousands of dollars for a tv, soundbar and wireless sub only to have this issue is a horrible user and customer experience. 

It's a simple fix samsung.... Here's the code in case your programmers are dumbfounded on how to write the solution...

function powerSaveMode (userInput){
     if userInput == TRUE then{
         powersave = TRUE;
    }else{
        powersave = FALSE;
     };
};

Then there's two ways to do this.
1. If there's a timer, when powersave is flagged as FALSE don't run the shutdown sequence.  Simple If statement,
2. Don't run the timer if the powersave is flagged as TRUE.

Simple, simple solution.

My invoice is in the mail,  your TV/soundbar/sub is back at the retail location. <Shakes head> The lack of a solution from Sausung is ridiculous.

usergHybPZuqk0
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was of the earliest comments in this thread, back in July 2017. Nothing has changed. The soundbar still always shuts off after 5 minutes,  and there is no sign that this will ever be fixed. It's really unfortunate, as the soundbar is one of the best sounding that I've ever heard. But the fact that this "feature" continues to be a annoyance pretty much daily means my next related purchase will certainly not be Samsung hardware. The most frustrating part of this is that it is a simple fix, with no explanation. Just give us the option to disable it in ALL modes,  not just aux. Samsung, at the very least, just give us a real response and tell us why this can't or won't be fixed. 

unk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please fix this issue. Been having this problem since 2017. I check these threads monthly and nothing has been said if they are working on it.

user6K7iIKhSaz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's my update.  I'm extremely fortunate to have found this issue within the return period. I packed all this garbage up and took it back and explained to the associate the issue.  I've also explained the issue to every other electronics retailer I've spoken to when on the hunt for a soundbar/tv combo. 

My Samsung fridge has a class action lawsuite against Samsung on it. My new TV and Soundbar has horrible user experience issues.

I cannot trust Samsung ever again for a purchase due to lack of respect for the consumer and lack of response on this, an official samsung forum.

I feel bad for people who purchased the product and are now stuck with it because they didn't experience this issue until a few weeks later and now they're stuck with it.

Goodbye samsung... Shame on you, your support and unwillingness to make a very simple fix. As a consumer, I have spoken spoken.

userETyo8MRN0y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am Russian. I live in Russia. I have Samsung TV and Samsung soundbar, and galaxy s10+ .

We don't have EU regulations Ankit power saving. I bought soundbar NOT TO TURN IT ON B EVERY 5 MINUTES OF IDLE! I have my personal life, I am not watching TV or listening music non-stop.

I want this ... thing not to turn off every ... five minutes.

Is it so difficult to fix this  issue? This piece of ... makes me wanta each day.

Escalade this problem to the developers already, you sorry inept suport.