Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
basvhout
Asteroid

HW-MS650 won't automatically power off

Dear Samsung and Samsung users,

Somehow my newly bought Samsung Soundbar HW-MS650 won't automatically power off after a certain amount of inactivity. The manual stated the following:

The unit turns off automatically in the following situations.

– D.IN / HDMI / WIFI / BT Mode : If there is no audio signal for 5 minutes.

– HDMI Mode : If there is no audio signal for 15 minutes.

– AUX Mode : – If the Audio (AUX) Cable is disconnected for 5 minutes.

– If there is no KEY input for 8 hours when the Audio (AUX) Cable is connected. (Auto Power Down function can be turned off only in that case.)

To turn off Auto Power Down function, while in “AUX” mode, press and hold the play/pause button for 5 seconds. “ON - AUTO POWER DOWN” / “OFF - AUTO POWER DOWN” appears on the display.

Somehow this doesn't work for me. It doesn't matter in what mode the soundbar is in, it never automatically shuts down. I heard several complains about the system shutting down to fast for some users, but for me it's the other way around.

Any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-MS650 won't automatically power off

Have you verified that the connected devices are completely powered off and not just sleeping?

basvhout
Asteroid

Thanks for your response. It's kinda of hard to verify this. I do the following:

1. Open up Spotify on my Mobile Phone

2. Play a track on my phone and use Spotify Connect to play on the MS650.

3. After I'm done listening to music, I put the audio output back to my phone so the MS650 doesn't play music anymore. Than I hard close Spotify on my phone.

4. The MS650 won't turn off unless I do it manually.

Other example I tested out:

1. Manually start the MS650 with the MS650 remote.

2. Choose D.IN and leave it there for 30+ minutes.

3. The MS650 won't automatically turn off.

I did this test with 3 different sources, but it never turns itself off.

basvhout
Asteroid

Still not solved. Anyone any suggestion?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you connecting to it via Bluetooth and are you ending the Bluetooth connection instead of just the app?

basvhout
Asteroid

Bluetooth is the only source I haven't tried. I'm using mainly D.IN and WiFi for daily use.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried toggling the AUTO-Power function by pressing and holding the play/pause button for 5 seconds?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

basvhout
Asteroid

This fuction is only available for BT right? I've tried to Power it off and on while on the BT source channel. Sadly didn't make a difference for other sources.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The AUTO-Power function should be available for all connections. Referencing the Manual, it states the device should power off if no audio signal is detected after 5 minutes. It is possible the Soundbar is detecting an audio source even if there isn't any sound playing at the moment.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

basvhout
Asteroid

I'm sorry, I made a mistake. I ment that the auto power off function is only accessable through the AUX fuction, I didn't ment to say BT. Like the manual said:

To turn off Auto Power Down function, while in “AUX” mode, press and hold the play/pause button for 5 seconds. “ON - AUTO POWER DOWN” / “OFF - AUTO POWER DOWN” appears on the display.

Does this mean it's only for the AUX or is this for all sources but you have to set it up through the AUX source? This is what I tried.