cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoryF
Asteroid

HW-N850 Soundbar - subwoofer does not pair.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased the HW-N850 soundbar in November 2018.  The subwoofer paired witout issue at that time and had worked fine for months.  Then the ID-SET button on the bottom of the soundbar was pressed.  Since then the subwoofer has not paired with the soundbar.  I tried the manual steps to re-pair the sound bar with no luck.  I've also done an "init" on the soundbar as directed by support and that didn't resovle the issue either.  On power up the subwoofer blue light just blinks.  I don't think there is any hardware issue (since it was working fine before the button press) but am I starting to suspect firmware update 1005.1 from Dec 4th, 2018 which is the only thing that has changed on the unit since it was originally set up.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Is there something else I can try?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-N850 Soundbar - subwoofer does not pair.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the steps in the article were not successful then repairs are recommended. You're welcome to message us here with the model code and serial number and we'd be happy to look into this for you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to confirm with you, did you follow the steps for the manual connection as listed here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049235/?

RoryF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried those steps many times.  Woofer still not paired.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the steps in the article were not successful then repairs are recommended. You're welcome to message us here with the model code and serial number and we'd be happy to look into this for you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

RoryF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungCole,

What repair is recomended?  Can I talk with someone who acutally works on repairing these Soundbars?

I have a ticket open with Samsung and they wanted me to send it to New Jersey for repair.  This soundbar is huge and heavy so shipping it anywhere would be very expensive.  Then they said I could take it to any local repair shop but could not give me the name of one.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We recommend repairs after troubleshooting has been completed as the mod here are not qualified to offer exact diagnosis' or parts suggestions. You can speak with the technicians by calling an authorized service center, but unfortunately none of the technicians have made a Community account to my knowledge. You can use the following link to seek contact information for local authorized service centers: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

You can also contact our ship-in service center CVE at 201-770-0005 Extension 115.

Highlighted
RoryF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Repairs were not needed to resolve this issue.  As I suspected the problem was with firmware version 1005.1.  I can confirm that this problem is resolved with firmware version 1007.5.  This version is not listed on the Samsung web site yet but if you tell your soundbar to update (via the app) it will upgrade to this version.

Samsung, you need to do better job of keeping your customer facing support people informed about firmware updates.  Sending this soundbar in for repair was not the correct solution.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is why you see us stating that we can't speculate on the release of future updates. It's not that we don't want to let people know, it's that we literally have zero info about it. Honestly repairs won't help every issue, but sometimes it's the only thing we can offer. I am glad the firmware update was able to help. Let us know if we can offer further assistance.