cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usern8w4qJuakE
Constellation

HW-N850 signal blackouts

I have a Samsung N850 soundbar which I love for its style and sound. However, when I set it up "optimally", I find it experiencing signal blackouts when using Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. 

If I set the inputs as

Apple TV 4K >> N850 >> TV

I get the option to have DV and Atmos running, which works for a while, but then I get intermittent AV signal blackouts and purple tinging with complete loss of sound. 

To prevent the signal issues, I have to set the inputs as 

Apple TV 4K >> TV >> N850 ARC

I have Dolby Vision working, but Dolby Atmos doesn't work over ARC. 

I'm using certified high speed HDMI cords for all connections but I have no idea what could be causing this issue. The connection with Atmos seems to be the only change. It's really disappointing since it's a huge draw of the N850 soundbar. Any help or advice would be appreciated!  

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-N850 signal blackouts

Thank you for reaching out, I found some information that may be useful in the user manual on page 17. Also, I included the picture: 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usern8w4qJuakE
Constellation

Hi Caleb,

Thank you for responding. That is how I have the signal set up, but that causes the signal blackouts. The only way to avoid the blackouts is to route everything through the TV first then to the soundbar, which means I can't use Atmos. 

I'm just not sure what could be causing the signal problems?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Is your device configured to the specifications at the top of the picture? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usern8w4qJuakE
Constellation

Hi @SamsungCaleb 

I have everything set as that picture. I followed the instructions here from Apple as well which are equivalent as those you linked above

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204069

Any other ideas on what might be happening? I don't understand why there would be signal blackouts since it is a digital signal. Either it should work or it doesn't, but intermittent blackouts seems so strange to me. 
Thanks again for your help!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there. Could you tell me if you are using HDMI 2.1 cables? Is the version you are running 1007.5? Could you send me a private message with the serial number?