cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJpUbkwmuHK
Constellation

HW-N950 ARC Passthrough stopped working

Hello,

I've had the HW-N950 for 7 months now and it worked perfectly.  I had it connected with an HDMI cable to my Sasmung Q9F TV and ARC passthrough worked seamlessly; I separate had an HDMI cable connected to my AppleTV in HDMI Port 1 and it also worked perfectly.

A few weeks ago the TV ARC passthrough stopped working.  The Apple TV still plays on the soundbar on HDMI 1, and the soundbar will still work on Wifi or Bluetooth from the TV, but the HDMI ARC passthrough will not work.  It just says DIN.  I've tried everything--unplugging, resetting the TV, enabling Samsung Aynet.  Nothing will work.

Any ideas what might cause this?   Any potential solutions? Is it possible to do a hard reset of the HW-N950?  I had been very pleased with the soundbar and purchase until this happened....

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-N950 ARC Passthrough stopped working

Your device may require an update. If you have a USB drive, you can use that to download the latest firmware from here and manually install it to your soundbar. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

effadj
Cosmic Ray

Re: HW-N950 ARC Passthrough stopped working

I have the same problem with my new HW-Q90R 7.1.4 ch soundbar.  It shows it's running the current firmware of 1008.  It also has other problem going to the correct input on the soundbar like the Anytime+ (HDMI-CEC) seems to stop working between the Samsung TV and the soundbar on the HDMI-1 (ARC) connection.  If I unplug the soundbar, it starts working again and the TV see it, and the soundbar goes into HDMI ARC connection.  After a while and I switch inputs like to a Ultra-DVD player or Roku, the problems return.