Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userHa3E9M5stf
Asteroid

HW-N950 Cannot Select D.IN with AnyNet Enabled

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a configuration with the HW-N950 that includes a Q9FN TV.  I have a PC connected to the system as follows:

PC ---HDMI---> Q9FN

Q9FN ARC ---HDMI---> HW-N950 ARC

PC ---TOSLINK---> HW-N950

The problem is that with AnyNet enabled, I cannot select the D.IN input on the HW-N950 rather ARC takes over and I can only select HDMI1, HDMI2 and then ARC TV Speakers.  I can work around this by disabling AnyNet on the HW-N950 when I want to use the PC, however this isn't an ideal solution.  

Is there a reason D.IN is disabled with AnyNet enabled?  Is this something that can be fixed?

And just to touch on it, HDMI audio from the PC isn't an option as well since Nvidia cards don't support Dolby encoding and only pass multichannel audio via LPCM, and the Q9FN is unwilling to pass multichannel audio though ARC if it isn't DD encoded  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-N950 Cannot Select D.IN with AnyNet Enabled

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tagged your suggestion for feedback. At this time don't have any other recommendations, but hopefully, it will change in the future. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, ARC overtakes D.IN. Do you use the ARC for any other devices?

userHa3E9M5stf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I use ARC for multiple devices so I guess I will have to contiune to enable and disable Anynet when I need to use the D.IN vs ARC.

Are you able to pass on an enhacement request to change this functionality? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tagged your suggestion for feedback. At this time don't have any other recommendations, but hopefully, it will change in the future. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userUqP1Z47i5s
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Similar issue with me...

My confieguration is as follows

Apple TV 4K —> N950 sound bar —> Samsung TV 4K  via two HDMI connections.

with HDMI CEC enabled on the TV, when I wake the whole setup up with Apple TV, the TV ARC takes over and I lose sound and picture EVERY TIME. THIS IS  RIDICULOUS!!!!!!

userJh2L5xoHce
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same problem with the HW-MS650 and a 6QFN tv, as I also wanted to use my optical input exclusively with my PC.  D.IN cannot be selected on the soundbar and the only solution is to either disconnect the HDMI-ARC cable or disable Anynet+. 

Both are bad options for a problem that shouldn't exist. 

userUqP1Z47i5s
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So as it stands now, with the HDMI-CEC feature aka ANYNET set to OFF on my Samsung TV, and ON on the N950 sound bar, the issue is NOT occurring. In addition, my rear speakers and subwoofer used to disconnect quit frequently and now that is also not happening.

the only down side is the fact that I have to turn the TV off and on manually. 

I can can live with that, but there is clearly an issue and Samsung isn’t recognizing or solving it.