JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-N950 No Signal

(Topic created on: 10/4/18 12:25 PM)
BudaBellyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I've paired the HW-N950 with a Vizio PQ65-F1, and when I enable "Full UHD Color" on the TV, the Samsung Soundbar goes nuts. It will no longer pass video through.

I've tested everything I can, and it will not pass any source (One X, DirecTV, PC) through.

I'm on firmware 1003, and I'm running the most up to date firmware on the TV as well (1.0.21.1)

I want my ATMOS and my HDR!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BudaBellyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Update

The vizio isn't available, so the store manager swapped the PQ65-F1 for a UN75MU8000.

Now I have another issue. The soundbar doesn't pass VRR, and the TV doesn't pass ATMOS via ARC. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
uservzhpoOTs5h
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
0 Likes
BudaBellyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I tried turning anynet+ off, and that didn't work.

0 Likes
Al_e
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the same issue with my TV when I set it to Enhanced HDMI.

This Soundbar is advertised as 4K HDR pass-through and it does not seam to support it and also has trouble emulating the TV supported configuration as once the Soundbar is in the middle, my Xbox says my connection does not support HDR.

I am not sure this is fixable via software, as this seams like a hardware limitation.

It’s crazy to realize this once the device shows up in your door.

0 Likes
BudaBellyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

What's weird is it works fine when I connect it to my UN55MU8000.

Back story, the screen was damaged on the Vizio I had delivered, so in the mean time I'm using my Samsung downstairs.

0 Likes
Al_e
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Do you have 'HDMI UHD Color' set to ‘ON’ on your TV?

What does the Xbox say? The Xbox will test the HDMI connection and let you know what’s supported and what is not in a very detailed way.

The best test would be to play Dolby Vision AND Atmos supported content. I am unable to do that with my Xbox one X.

if it all works for you then we are talking about Samsung only testing with their tv line. And not even venturing into looking at other popular TV brands.

0 Likes
BudaBellyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Xbox does Hdr10 and Atmos via the soundbar on HDMI 4 (ARC). UHD color is enabled and the Xbox recognizes the tv and the soundbars capabilities correctly.

0 Likes
Al_e
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Great to know that to make this work I have to buy a Samsung TV. Maybe a good excuse to do so, or maybe quite the opposite. 

Thanks for confirming.

By the way, does the Xbox only does HDR10 because the tv does not support Dolby Vision?

0 Likes
BudaBellyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Well, the problem I'm having is the deal I got on the Vizio at $1499. The closest comparable Samsung is the 65Q8FN which is $1000 more. 

I'd go with Samsung if there wasn't such a premium to even get close to the Quantum P Series. 

Edit: Samsung does not, and most likely will not support Dolby Vision. They have however helped pioneer a similar format HDR10+. While not quite on par with Dolby Vision, it does make a noticable difference IMO. Currently HDR10+ is only available on select Amazon Original titles. 

0 Likes
Solution
BudaBellyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Update

The vizio isn't available, so the store manager swapped the PQ65-F1 for a UN75MU8000.

Now I have another issue. The soundbar doesn't pass VRR, and the TV doesn't pass ATMOS via ARC. 

View solution in context

0 Likes