JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-N950 Soundbar stuck in update mode

(Topic created on: 8/11/19 8:38 AM)
Bobert1006
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

This is a never ending loop of showing update and then goes through all the options of the soundbar, then it shows bye and starts all over again. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Bobert1006
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
0 Likes
8 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Are you located in the US and have you tried power resetting the device by unplugging it and plugging it back up? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Bobert1006
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I am in the US and yes, that was the first thing I did. 

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

How are you updating the device?

0 Likes
Bobert1006
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I wasnt updating it.  The bloody thing was doing it on its own. I have only updated it once and that is through the Smart Things App on my S9. There were zero problems when I did that and the last I checked it was up to date.

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Have you tried deleting the soundbar from the SmartThings app then resetting the soundbar, then re-adding the soundbar to SmartThings?

0 Likes
Bobert1006
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thanks for your replies.  The soundbar is no longer trying to update itself,  now the HDMI 1 port is cutting in and out while using Roku Ultra.  I switched the cable to HDMI 2 and it seems to have stopped.

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

If this symptom isn't happening in port 2 but in port 1. It is possible this is a compatibility concern with the Roku or the port is causing this problem. A technician would have to diagnose this symptom. To continue with a service repair, please send us a private message to the link

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Solution
Bobert1006
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
0 Likes