JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-Q70r Soundbar stuck in "D.IN"

(Topic created: 10-28-2022 07:49 PM)
dmadonia
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Several days ago I lost power at my house. My TV and soundbar were not on at the time, but later when I went to turn everything on the Q70r was stuck in "D.IN" mode and I could do nothing to change it.

I searched online for a solution and tried them all. Hold the power button for 15 seconds. Hold + and - for 5 seconds. Hold the settings button on the remote for 15 seconds. Unplug the TV, wait to boot, plug HDMI back into soundbar. Nothing worked.

I did find several threads on the EU Samsung Community that detailed this problem, but none of them had a solution.

Has anyone found a solution?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand how this can be frustrating with your soundbar not functioning properly. Since this is occurring you can try a hard reset on the soundbar if possible, to do that please do the following:

1. Turn on the soundbar by pressing the switch on button. You can use the remote control or dedicated button in your soundbar.
  2. Hold the power button either on the remote control or soundbar control panel.
  3. Continue to press down the power button until you see the ‘INIT OK’ message on the display panel.
  4. Wait for the soundbar restart and that’s all.

If this does not help then service may be required. Depending on your warranty you have a couple of options: 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand how this can be frustrating with your soundbar not functioning properly. Since this is occurring you can try a hard reset on the soundbar if possible, to do that please do the following:

1. Turn on the soundbar by pressing the switch on button. You can use the remote control or dedicated button in your soundbar.
  2. Hold the power button either on the remote control or soundbar control panel.
  3. Continue to press down the power button until you see the ‘INIT OK’ message on the display panel.
  4. Wait for the soundbar restart and that’s all.

If this does not help then service may be required. Depending on your warranty you have a couple of options: 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

0 Likes