cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userIpHdxUr5Ws
Asteroid

HW-N950 loosing connection to rear and subwoofer speakers

I have had my HW-N950 for 6 months now. Continuiously loosing connection to the rear and subwoofer speakers. Have to power down the the entire system, turn power back on, hokd down the buttons on the speakers for several seconds and do ID set. Sometimes have to do this several times to get all 3 working again. Note: I have a 7.1 surround test CD that I use to tell when they are working. This happens several times a month. I called Samsung support and they just tell me to reset it again. Said the only way they can test them is to send them (complete system) back to Samsung. Is anyone else having this issue and if so, have you had any luck resolving it.

23 REPLIES 23
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-N950 loosing connection to rear and subwoofer speakers

How far are the wireless speakers? What other wireless devices are in the room?

userIpHdxUr5Ws
Asteroid

Woofer is about 2 ft and rear speakers are 8ft. Lots of other wirless. Remote for TV, 4k dvd player. All new samsung. Cable box remote. Fan remotes. Sove remote. Air conditonser remote. WIFI for Cell phone and laptop. Wireless AC otlet remotes (Note: thess are new and had problem for 4 months before purchasing them.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

As silly as it sounds, you really wanna keep the speakers within 3-5 ft. of the main unit. On top of that, the additional remotes and other technology can create interference that affects your connection and signal. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userIpHdxUr5Ws
Asteroid

Why even have then if you have to place them that close. They are supposed to go behind where you are sitting. That would put my couch 3 feet in front of my 65" tv.  Sub woofer is within 2 ft and it also looses connection. As far as the other remotes and technology, I'm sure that almost all household have simeral items. Thanks for the reply.

userwoxb07JQWj
Constellation

I've had my HW-N950 since December 2018. The system worked perfectly until the May 27, 2019 firmware update. Now, each time I turn the soundbar off (standby mode), the subwoofer goes to standby mode (red led) for about one minute and then rapidly blinks blue.  The two rear speakers remain in standby mode (red led). When I turn the soundbar back on, the rear speakers go to solid blue led while the subwoofer continues to rapidly blink blue.  By pressing the top of the ring on the remote control for about 3-5 seconds (until ID SET appears on the main unit), the subwoofer reconnects and show solid blue led.  This manual reconnection of the subwoofer each time is a hassel and I believe it may be related to the last firmware update.  My subwoofer is 12 feet from the main unit and my rear speakers are 16 feet from the main unit.  I also contacted tech support and then received an email with an authorization to ship the unit back to NJ at my expense. I think Samsung needs further due deligence before taking the extreme step of shipping the unit back.

userIpHdxUr5Ws
Asteroid

I returned my entire Sound System to the repair center in NJ (CVE). They covered the cost of the shipping via UPS. Yours should be covered also as it should be under warranty. They replaced a board in the sub woofer according to the paperwork, but never tried it because when it was returned there was shipping damage to the sub woofer and the left rear speaker. Note: Shipped in original box and packaging. Filled a damage claim w/Sqamsung and UPS came and got it a second time. Has been almost 3 weeks now since it was returned the second time and still cannot get an answer on the status of the repairs. Samsung tells me to call the service center in NJ (CVE). Called them several times and message says to call Samsumg. Left message to call me several times and never get a response. There repair service is one of the worst I have ever delt with.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Will you please send a private message with any ticket numbers you have so that I can look into this for you? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We have submitted the refund under ticket number, 4150480543 ^Justin 

usercTo3aEViwS
Constellation

I have the same problem. The subwoofer and rear speakers are losing connection. when soundbar goes from sleep mode to on, the rears and woofer are solid blue. But no sound comes from there only from soundbar. I must reset woofer and rears whit button on the rear side and do ID set. I also  think that the last update was not the good choice. Can I remove the last update? How?

Thanks