JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-N950 unable to update firmware

(Topic created: 10-08-2018 07:41 AM)
userDude
Halo
Options
Home Theater

I have the HW-N950 and it says the firware version is 1001.2 (I think) in the SmartThings app.  When I check for updates in the app it spins for a bit and then tells me there are no updates available.  When I check the support page for the soundbar, it says there is a new firmware update (1003, I think).

I'm having some connection issues and wanted to be sure I was on the latest firmware.  How can I update my soundbar?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
William Petri
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hello! I found out the answer through trial and error!

After downloading the update, you need to unzip the file. Then copy ONLY the last file in all the folders (none of the actual folders themselves!!!) onto the USB drive. Turn off the Soundbar, then insert the USB drive into the bottom. As soon as you insert the drive, turn on the Soundbar with the remote. The update will start, and the screen will flash update!

View solution in context

42 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Have you tried forgetting the internet connection on the app and re-adding it? Are you getting any error messages?

0 Likes
userDude
Halo
Options
Home Theater

There are no error messages.  It just says there are no updates available.

I have not tried forgetting the internet connection.  How do I do this?

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Are all other functions of the app working correctly? What kind of device are you using?

0 Likes
userDude
Halo
Options
Home Theater

Yes, as far as I can tell, all other functions work correctly.  This is on an iPhone X.

I tried to do ths on my Pixel 2 XL, but all I get is "Couldn't download device controller".  That's a whole different issue.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Have you tried reinstalling the app? Have you tried unplugging the soundbar for 5 minutes?

0 Likes
userDude
Halo
Options
Home Theater

I have not tried reinstalling the app, but I have tried unplugging the soundbar for at least 5 minutes.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

That would be the next recommended step. 

0 Likes
userDude
Halo
Options
Home Theater

OK, I tried deleting and then reinstalling the SmartThings app.  It did not make a difference.

Every time I tell it to update the firmware, it gets between 6% and 8% and then stops and says there is no new firmware available.  How can I get the firmware updated?

0 Likes
userNQK6GqeUIQ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Try unplugging & resetting your tv. That’s what finally worked for me.

0 Likes