JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-N950 unable to update firmware

(Topic created: 10-08-2018 11:51 AM)
userDude
Halo
Options
Home Theater

I have the HW-N950 and it says the firware version is 1001.2 (I think) in the SmartThings app.  When I check for updates in the app it spins for a bit and then tells me there are no updates available.  When I check the support page for the soundbar, it says there is a new firmware update (1003, I think).

I'm having some connection issues and wanted to be sure I was on the latest firmware.  How can I update my soundbar?

0 Likes
42 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Have you tried forgetting the internet connection on the app and re-adding it? Are you getting any error messages?

0 Likes
userDude
Halo
Options
Home Theater

There are no error messages.  It just says there are no updates available.

I have not tried forgetting the internet connection.  How do I do this?

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Are all other functions of the app working correctly? What kind of device are you using?

0 Likes
userDude
Halo
Options
Home Theater

Yes, as far as I can tell, all other functions work correctly.  This is on an iPhone X.

I tried to do ths on my Pixel 2 XL, but all I get is "Couldn't download device controller".  That's a whole different issue.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Have you tried reinstalling the app? Have you tried unplugging the soundbar for 5 minutes?

0 Likes
userDude
Halo
Options
Home Theater

I have not tried reinstalling the app, but I have tried unplugging the soundbar for at least 5 minutes.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

That would be the next recommended step. 

0 Likes
userDude
Halo
Options
Home Theater

OK, I tried deleting and then reinstalling the SmartThings app.  It did not make a difference.

Every time I tell it to update the firmware, it gets between 6% and 8% and then stops and says there is no new firmware available.  How can I get the firmware updated?

0 Likes
userNQK6GqeUIQ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Try unplugging & resetting your tv. That’s what finally worked for me.

0 Likes