cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HW-N950 unable to update firmware

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've done this already, but am willing to try again.  I just want to understand why resetting my TV would allow me to update the firmware on my soundbar?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sometimes the device has to be reset to have the new firmware installed. Try power resetting the device by unplugging it for a few minutes and plugging it back up. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have already done this numerous times.  Any other suggestions?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does anyone have any other suggestions?  Are there instructions on how to manually update the firmware?

Tailgunner747
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The N950 is a BIG WASTE OF MONEY!!!!   Not worth $200.   Cannot hear the 2 surround speakers or subwoofer unless you put you head by them.  No way to increase volume on just them over the soundbar.  Like others cannot update it.  Even tried putting update on USB drive and plugging into the bottom of soundbar but Still Nothing.   Do not buy the JUNK!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Tailgunner747 wrote:

The N950 is a BIG WASTE OF MONEY!!!!   Not worth $200.   Cannot hear the 2 surround speakers or subwoofer unless you put you head by them.  No way to increase volume on just them over the soundbar.  Like others cannot update it.  Even tried putting update on USB drive and plugging into the bottom of soundbar but Still Nothing.   Do not buy the JUNK!!!

As I mentioned in the other thread you copy-pasted this in, there is definitely a way to adjust the sub and rear speaker volume.  I have done it, and it's in the manual.

Highlighted
user1AzzCue1bV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Rear speakers are ok but the subwoofer (even at +6) is not very fat. It only shine during Atmos videos ...

A bit disappointing for the price.

Tailgunner747
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Guess you are going to keep it a Secret how to increase volume on the 2 rear surround speakers and Not increase the volume of the sound bar????

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Tailgunner747 wrote:

Guess you are going to keep it a Secret how to increase volume on the 2 rear surround speakers and Not increase the volume of the sound bar????

Sorry, I assumed you could read the manual and didn't need me to spoon feed it to you.

You use the Sound Control button (looks like a gear) on the remote.  According to the manual:

"You can select from TREBLE, BASS, SYNC, CENTER LEVEL, SIDE LEVEL, FRONT TOP
LEVEL, REAR LEVEL, REAR TOP LEVEL or VIRTUAL ON/OFF."

"If Surround Speakers are connected, select REAR LEVEL or REAR TOP LEVEL, and then use the Up/Down buttons to adjust the volume within a -6 to +6 range. The REAR SPEAKER function can be turned VIRTUAL ON/OFF by using the Up/Down buttons."

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userAWixhjHj6g wrote:

Does anyone have any other suggestions?  Are there instructions on how to manually update the firmware?

OK, let's get back on track.

@SamsungGill @SamsungDarius  Do either of you have any other suggestions?