Original topic:

HW-N950

(Topic created on: 4/6/21 11:10 PM)
Tailgunner747
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater
Why do I never hear any bass from subwoofer connect with Samsung TV watching shows??
I do get sound from surround speakers but Nothing from subwoofer. TV is 2017 Samsung 65 inch. I need help!!!!!  I have cable TV.
0 Likes
9 Replies
Rzax36
Nebula
Options
Home Theater
what audio system are you using? edit.. sorry I missed it in the title. hw n950

my system required me to connect the wireless subs via Bluetooth to the bar.

most subs have a knob on the back to turn it up.

your audio system my have the sub turned off or set very low.

in my experience tv shows or tv programming in general do not have much bass. for full effect play music or movies.

0 Likes
Tailgunner747
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater
The N950 Soundbar has No knobs all done thru soundboard with remote to set volume. It is all the way up on subwoofer and surround to 6. Can see you not familiar with this Samsung soundboard. LOT OF MONEY WASTED ON THIS MESS.
0 Likes
Rzax36
Nebula
Options
Home Theater
I am not real familiar with this model but have much experience in all aspects of consumer technology. just trying to help.

your system is highly regarded. seems as if a bit of trouble shooting is required.

is the blue light on, on the back of the sub? this indicates Bluetooth connection with soundbar.
0 Likes
SadCorp
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
try A EQ app on your phone, and then your able to tweak everything
0 Likes
Tailgunner747
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater
Yes Blue light on Sub and Surrounds. wonder if optical cable for soundbar to TV would help instead of HDMI
0 Likes
NTX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

What content are you playing on your tv? Can you test with something that has 5.1 audio? Maybe with Amazon or Vudu app?

Since you already have the sub at +6, can you also set the front L/R and center to -2? Also try the Pop equalizer setting on the Samsung app if you use that.

0 Likes
Tailgunner747
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater
A waste of over $1000 unless you have audio-video receiver. Just connected to tv its a piece of $1000+ Junk!
0 Likes
NTX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

With the soundbar directly connected to the tv and using ARC, the sub should be active with apps like Amazon or Vudu when playing movies with 5.1 audio.

Also, if you haven't already, try connecting your cable box directly to the soundbar.

If just playing mono or stereo, like for broadcast tv shows, try switching the sound mode on the N950 between standard, surround, and smart, to see if any of the upmixing features help.

My N950 died, and I can't recall how well the sub worked on the upmixing modes. Definately got bass with 5.1 content.

Sub location in the room can affect bass frequencies. Check at the sub speaker when playing known 5.1 to see if it is even moving. If it is, try putting the sub in one of the room corners. That helps reinforce the bass. If the speaker is not even vibrating slightly, the sub is probably defective. Return it for refund.

0 Likes
SadCorp
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
Any one else waiting on the Fold 3 to come out
0 Likes