cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

HW-Q60R

Just purchased this sound bar for my new Samsung 82" TV and for some reason the remote is not responding, even with new batteries.

I have to us the TV remote, but I would like to use the woofer button to adjust. 

Also I don't see a code for this unit on direct TV, is there another code I can use for my direct TV remote? I tried all scan codes none worked. 

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-Q60R

Try this link out and keep us updated! 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049279/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I went to best buy and the remote worked who it with there sound bar, but can it be programed with a direct TV rc73 remote,?

It didn't find a good code, but what about another Samsung model code? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

It would have to be a universal remote, and I would recommend reaching out to direct TV for more information about there remotes.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I ran into the same issue this morning.  The power button would turn the TV on and off, but no other buttons responded.  I power cycled the TV and repaired the remote but still nothing.  After working with Samsung customer service (incredibly helpful), here's the fix:  1) turn the TV off; 2) take the batteries out of the remote; 3) point the remote at the TV and press and hold the power button on the remote (without batters) for at least 15 seconds; and 4) put the batteries back in and press the power button to turn the TV on.  This resets the remote and restored it back to full use.