cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

HW-Q67CT Soundbar - Consistently drops prior power on/off state - firmware needs update

My newly purchased HW-Q67CT 7.1 soundbar can't hold the power on/off state. Everything about this new product is great except for the annoying need to pull the power plug and do a complete reset of the soundbar every 6-12 hours. 

Steps to reproduce:

1. Initial power to soundbar fails to turn on with HDMI (ARC port) attached TV after turning on TV.

2. Pull power adapter plug from soundbar, wait 20 seconds.

3. Re-plug adapter. 

4. Hold down the power button till soundbar eventually turns on.

5. Hold down the volume + and volume - for 8 - 10 seconds to reset soundbar to factory defaults.

6. Wait a random period of time till soundbar fails to turn on.

7. Rinse and repeat.

Samsung software engineers need to review this issue and create a new firmware to address this issue. Waiting for firmware update. Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Frank J in America

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-Q67CT Soundbar - Consistently drops prior power on/off state - firmware needs update

Sorry to hear that Frank! What is the current software version on the device? Have you connected to it via Smart Things?

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: HW-Q67CT Soundbar - Consistently drops prior power on/off state - firmware needs update

How do I determine the software version of the soundbar? The SmartThings application I just installed doesn't recognize this new soundbar. In fact, the SmatThings appication doesn't even list the new soundbar HW-Q67CT under supported devices. My bluetooth settings on my iPhone 10 SX Max shows the soundbar  as:

[AV] Samsung Soundbar Q6T Series

My phones bluetooth settings displays this device as connected. However, the Samsung SmartThings application is failing every connection attempt regardless of the positioning of my cell phone in proximity to the soundbar. In fact during this pairing attempt I went to extent to use my Samsung soundbar remote to go into bluetooth mode on the soundbar thinking this might aid in setting up the soundbar with this Samsung application.

Perhaps the SmartThings application hasn't been rev'd to detect this new soundbar?

Instruct me on how to find the software version without this application.

Thanks,

Frank J in America

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thanks Frank. Multiple issues with the soundbar could be software related. Without the app, the current software can only be verified by trying to update the soundbar via USB. If no update is found, then the soundbar has the latest software.

You will need an empty USB flash drive formatted to exFAT or FAT32. (Right click the flash drive and then select format and choose one of these two settings.

You can find the latest firmware file here: Link

Connect the USB flash drive to the computer.
Download the file from the link above.
Once download is complete, right click on the file and select Extract To.
Once the extraction window pops up, select the base of the USB flash drive.
Once the extraction is complete, eject the flash drive from the PC.

Plug the USB Flash Drive into the soundbar and then turn it on, if nothing occurs, change sources to USB.

Please keep us posted.