Original topic:

HW-Q70R Soundbar - Subwoofer Lost Connection

(Topic created: 01-18-2022 02:39 AM)
userTFvZmUKaY2
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have a HW-Q70R soundbar purchased late December 2019.  The subwoofer has recently lost connection with the main soundbar, showing flashing red and blue LEDs.  There seems to be limited information  on resetting the soundbar but I have tried everything without success.  The reset procedure for the main unit that, at least seemed to do something was to power on the soundbar and depress both the + and - buttons on the soundbar until is shows 'INT' then BYE', and it turns off.  It didn't fix the problem but did remove it from Smart Things.  I have tried extended power cycles leaving both units disconnected from the mains overnight then reconnecting the subwoofer.  The manual reconnection process I used was as per the manual i.e. to turn off the soundbar, depress the ID Set switch on the subwoofer until the blue LED is flashing.   Turn on the soundbar and depress the 'Up' button on the remote until the display shows ID Set.  The blue LED on the subwoofer goes solid briefly, immediately followed by red and blue flashing together.  The manual describes this state as 'Malfunction', and to contact the service centre.

I did call the Samsung support line which confirmed it is out of warranty and gave less than convincing advice to reset the soundbar by pressing the Stop button, If there is a Stop button then I can't find it.

SmartThings shows Firmware Version HW-Q70RWWB-1012.6.  Plugin Version 2.2.107.

The fact that the subwoofer switches on and off as it should when the soundbar is switched on and off means there is obviously a wireless 'control' connection between them.  It appears as though the audio connection is not able to establish.

I did not expect such an expensive device to stop working after just 2 years.  Is this a common failure affecting lots of people?

Any advice to recover the subwoofer connection would be very much appreciated.  It is obviously useless without it.

0 Likes
3 Replies
userTxSWNq6eaN
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
atfq
0 Likes
userTxSWNq6eaN
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater