JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-Q70R Soundbar reset

(Topic created: 01-07-2020 06:10 PM)
mikebruenjes
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have a 2016 samsung KS8000 tv hooked up to a HW-Q70R Soundbar.  I used the HDMI cable and hooked up ARC to ARC.  The soundbar worked fine for a few weeks.  All of a sudden it lost the HDMI connection.  The TV only connects to the soundbar via WiFi.

I tried swapping the HDMI cable with another cable.  I made sure AnyNet is on on both the TV and Soundbar.   I reset the TV and went through the setup process again.

As soon as I change the input on the soundbar to D. In, it loses the connection.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?  I think I would like to do a reset on the soundbar but can't find any way to do it.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mikebruenjes
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

So I happened to see this post and it sounded similar:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/HDMI-CEC-Not-Working-and-HDMI-ARC-Not-Listed...

I guess the issue is with the KS8000 TV and not the soundbar, or maybe it's a Samsung thing because I had a Polk soundbar hooked up to ARC for over 2 years with no issue.  I go out and buy a new Samsung soundbar and now I have issues.

Anyway,  I tried this and it worked.  Hopefully, I don't have to do this every month:  turn off HDMI-CEC on TV, unplug Power to TV, ensure power is drained from TV (holding power button).  Turning off sound device, power on the sound device (which to TV Audio), then turn on the TV, go to the menu, turn on HDMI-CEC and it works.

View solution in context

9 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

I recommend making sure that both devices are updated:

Soundbar: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2019-harmon-kardon-soundbar-w-dolby-atmos-hw-q70r

Television: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2016-suhd-smart-tv-ks8000-series

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
mikebruenjes
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yes, I forgot to mention they are both on the latest, greatest firmware and still having issues.

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Try resetting the soundbar by powering it off and then pressing and holding the STOP button until it displays 'INIT OK'. Power on the soundbar, and then try pairing the soundbar to your TV again.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
mikebruenjes
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

There is no STOP button.  I have a settings button on the remote, the manual calls it the sound control button.  I tried holding that and it seemed to do something because I couldn't find the speaker in my SmartThings APP on my phone.  I never got a 'INIT OK' message though.

It did not seem to help the ARC issue.  I turned the TV and Soundbar off and on, tried different HDMI cables again and double-checked that Anynet+ is on both the tv and soundbar, but it still will not connect to using the ARC HDMI port. 

I hooked up a FireTV to the HDMI port on the soundbar and left the ARC HDMI connection.  That worked, I got sound on the soundbar and video on the TV so there is a signal going through the ARC cable. 

0 Likes
Solution
mikebruenjes
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/HDMI-CEC-Not-Working-and-HDMI-ARC-Not-Listed...

I guess the issue is with the KS8000 TV and not the soundbar, or maybe it's a Samsung thing because I had a Polk soundbar hooked up to ARC for over 2 years with no issue.  I go out and buy a new Samsung soundbar and now I have issues.

Anyway,  I tried this and it worked.  Hopefully, I don't have to do this every month:  turn off HDMI-CEC on TV, unplug Power to TV, ensure power is drained from TV (holding power button).  Turning off sound device, power on the sound device (which to TV Audio), then turn on the TV, go to the menu, turn on HDMI-CEC and it works.

View solution in context

Thatguysean
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

i was having this issue as well on my new LG Oled and HDMI arc. I reset the soundbar by holding both the + and - buttons on the side until i saw INT. after that when I set my soundbar to D.IN/HDMI ARC (my tv was already on tv arc) it connected and i finally heard sound. i even saw Atmos from netflix. even though it not full atmos it is a soundbars so it still sounded better then the bluetooth connection i was using.

0 Likes
userZHani7Y5sh
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

My original setup was Hisense 65N series TV hooked up to an Onkyo receiver. HDMI-CEC enabled on TV using TV Arc with no issues at all. Replaced receiver with a  HW-Q70R/XY soundbar and immediatley had problems with ARC dropping out and reverting back to the TV speakers. Updated firmware changed cables reset soundbar nothing helped.  Came across an audio setup for Hisense that said if a previous sound system had been used then to reset tv to clear it's cache. Did that and have not had a problem since. Hope maybe that this might work for all brands of tv's for you all  that areexperiencing this annoying issue 

0 Likes
usermLiK1PJsLz
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

@mikebruenjes wrote:

My soundbar stopped outputting sound from tv via hdmi, and this solved it thanks!

0 Likes
FRANCK06CH1
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi,

Once you hook up the FireTV 4k stick to the sound bar, does the tv show HDMI-earc when increasing the volume with the TV remote? Thanks

0 Likes