cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikebruenjes
Asteroid

HW-Q70R Soundbar reset

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 2016 samsung KS8000 tv hooked up to a HW-Q70R Soundbar.  I used the HDMI cable and hooked up ARC to ARC.  The soundbar worked fine for a few weeks.  All of a sudden it lost the HDMI connection.  The TV only connects to the soundbar via WiFi.

I tried swapping the HDMI cable with another cable.  I made sure AnyNet is on on both the TV and Soundbar.   I reset the TV and went through the setup process again.

As soon as I change the input on the soundbar to D. In, it loses the connection.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?  I think I would like to do a reset on the soundbar but can't find any way to do it.

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mikebruenjes
Asteroid

Re: HW-Q70R Soundbar reset

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I happened to see this post and it sounded similar:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/HDMI-CEC-Not-Working-and-HDMI-ARC-Not-Listed...

I guess the issue is with the KS8000 TV and not the soundbar, or maybe it's a Samsung thing because I had a Polk soundbar hooked up to ARC for over 2 years with no issue.  I go out and buy a new Samsung soundbar and now I have issues.

Anyway,  I tried this and it worked.  Hopefully, I don't have to do this every month:  turn off HDMI-CEC on TV, unplug Power to TV, ensure power is drained from TV (holding power button).  Turning off sound device, power on the sound device (which to TV Audio), then turn on the TV, go to the menu, turn on HDMI-CEC and it works.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend making sure that both devices are updated:

Soundbar: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2019-harmon-kardon-soundbar-w-dolby-atmos-hw-q70r

Television: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2016-suhd-smart-tv-ks8000-series

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

mikebruenjes
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I forgot to mention they are both on the latest, greatest firmware and still having issues.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try resetting the soundbar by powering it off and then pressing and holding the STOP button until it displays 'INIT OK'. Power on the soundbar, and then try pairing the soundbar to your TV again.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

mikebruenjes
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no STOP button.  I have a settings button on the remote, the manual calls it the sound control button.  I tried holding that and it seemed to do something because I couldn't find the speaker in my SmartThings APP on my phone.  I never got a 'INIT OK' message though.

It did not seem to help the ARC issue.  I turned the TV and Soundbar off and on, tried different HDMI cables again and double-checked that Anynet+ is on both the tv and soundbar, but it still will not connect to using the ARC HDMI port. 

I hooked up a FireTV to the HDMI port on the soundbar and left the ARC HDMI connection.  That worked, I got sound on the soundbar and video on the TV so there is a signal going through the ARC cable. 

mikebruenjes
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I happened to see this post and it sounded similar:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/HDMI-CEC-Not-Working-and-HDMI-ARC-Not-Listed...

I guess the issue is with the KS8000 TV and not the soundbar, or maybe it's a Samsung thing because I had a Polk soundbar hooked up to ARC for over 2 years with no issue.  I go out and buy a new Samsung soundbar and now I have issues.

Anyway,  I tried this and it worked.  Hopefully, I don't have to do this every month:  turn off HDMI-CEC on TV, unplug Power to TV, ensure power is drained from TV (holding power button).  Turning off sound device, power on the sound device (which to TV Audio), then turn on the TV, go to the menu, turn on HDMI-CEC and it works.

View solution in original post