JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW Q70R with NU8000 Can't get Atmos to work

(Topic created: 04-01-2020 07:54 AM)
userUWJA5wH3tQ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I have done correct cable connections. I am trying to connect the soundbar with my PC and then display PC on the TV. HDMI cable from my graphics card goes to Sound Bar and from Sound Bar, it then goes to HDMI (ARC) port no 4 at the back of TV. 

I can't get Atmos to activate in TV settings. I have tried to remove PC and connect ARC Port of Sound Bar with ARC port of TV, still can't get Atmos to activate on TV. 

What should I do?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userUWJA5wH3tQ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Got it working on both NU8000 and PC. TV only shows Dolby Atmos activated when it detects Atmos signal then only Soundbar display Dolby Atmos on its screen. On PC, HDMI from PC is connected straight to TV (HDMI Port 2) and TV HDMI Port 4 is connected to Soundbar ARC port. When I run an Atmos content on PC, Soundbar displays Dolby Atmos signal. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Sean0910
Product Expert
Options
Home Theater

Dear @userUWJA5wH3tQ 

I hope your day is going well.

I'm very sorry to hear about the problem you're having with your device. This soundbar comes with a driver that can pick up the Dolby Atmos admitting through the sound wave. If you're connecting your graphic card through the soundbar using an HDMI cable, Dolby atmos will not be work. When a graphic card pushes graphics and sound through the soundbar, graphic card does not support Dolby Atmos, therefore you are not getting Dolby atmos by connecting your cables through that route. You'll need to get an add on the sound card for your pc in order to process Dolby atmos.

I hope I was able to address your concern about Dolby Atmos.

0 Likes
userUWJA5wH3tQ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Can I connect soundbar directly to TV and access Dolby Atmos? I have tried this as well and still find Dolby Atmos to remain grey. 

0 Likes
userUWJA5wH3tQ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Also, according to NVIDIA, all its 20 series cards support Dolby Atmos via HDMI output. My card is 2080Ti. 

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2796/~/which-hdmi-audio-formats-do-nvidia-gpus-s...

0 Likes
Solution
userUWJA5wH3tQ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Got it working on both NU8000 and PC. TV only shows Dolby Atmos activated when it detects Atmos signal then only Soundbar display Dolby Atmos on its screen. On PC, HDMI from PC is connected straight to TV (HDMI Port 2) and TV HDMI Port 4 is connected to Soundbar ARC port. When I run an Atmos content on PC, Soundbar displays Dolby Atmos signal. 

0 Likes