cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

HW-Q80R Wifi Unable to Connect

Just received my HW-Q80R soundbar and it works really well except for one thing. I have been unable to connect it to my home Wifi. My Smartthings app finds the soundbar, but once it gets to the point of verifying the device (about 60% progress) the process aborts and says "There was a problem verifying your device. Unplug the device and plug it in again, then try adding the device again". I have attempted this several times with no help. Anyone have this problem or have any suggestions? I have also, reset my wireless router, done a hard reset of the soundbar's wifi, disconnected and unplugged all items from the soundbar.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: HW-Q80R Wifi Unable to Connect

Figure anything out? My speaker was working but after changing my wifi network I haven't been able to reconnect this speaker to wifi with any of the manuals or instructions I've found. I have the speaker in the smart things app but shows disconnected and I cant do anything with it on the app. I reset the network on the speaker and cant get it setup with the app even by scanning the qr code gives me an error. I've never had so many issues with a speaker ,especially with it being the same brand as tv...so frustrating!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We are sorry to hear about this. Have you tried resetting the soundbar?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi samsunglou...see my reply below...having the exact same issue. I've reset the device multiple times (holding down volume down button) but still nothing. Thanks for any help!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userKQma9b6ejR Have you tried re-installing the Smart Things App or using a different device? Have you tried a shorter Wi-Fi password without special characters? Most new routers allow for a guest account that can be setup with a different password.

Asteroid

Does your wireless router have DFS enabled? I'm a little outside my knowledge area with how to configure DFS on a router by router basis but I have seen that the soundbar may have issues connecting to the wireless if DFS is enabled. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Any lucky? Have been having the exact same issue for months ever since changing our wifi password. Old and new password had special characters so dont think it could be that. Extremely frustrated on why this will not work. I have reset everything and smartthings app gets to 99% then get an error that cant connect to wifi. So disappointed with this being almost top of the line speaker.  I remember the tv prompting me for setup the very first time but cannot get that again. Is there a way to fully reset soundbar? I've unplughed... reset holding the volume down button, etc but nothing. Please help!