cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user00jUQsbLLJ
Asteroid

HW-Q80R soundbar + harmony elite remote

Hello,

Is anyone using a harmony elite remote with the Samsung HW-Q80R soundbar?

I understand that this question would probably be better suited on the logitec forums...

But maybe though someone here could shed some light...

I'm having issues getting the sound bar to boot up to the correct input/source...

Instead of booting up to say HDMI1 (which my Nvidia shiedl is connected to) ...It boots up to source "D.IN" then skips "TV ARC"...and sometimes will even skip to "HDMI 2".

I wish the soundar would detect which cotrect source that is active and boot to the correct one..

( I have created the correct "activity" control on the harmony elite remote), But still no luck.

I have to manually change the source on the samsung remote to HDMI1...I wish it would just automatically switch to the correct source instead of powering up to "D.IN" or "TV ARC".

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Cheers!

4 REPLIES 4
userIUtOoZbAeD
Constellation

Re: HW-Q80R soundbar + harmony elite remote

I am having the same issue and also noticed when setting up the activity in the Harmony software it only gives an input choice of HDMI 1 / HDMI 2 for the soundbar and it is not broken out into two separate inputs so how would it even know which one to switch to.

Pretty annoyed with this.

userl0RGEsfLm9
Astronaut

I'm having the same problem. Anyone find a solution to this?

There is no solution.  Unfortunately, these soundbars don't support direct input selection.  You have to scroll through the inputs to get the one you want.  I simply gave up.  The good news is that the Anynet+/CEC is selecting the correct input for me.  So I'm happy for now, even thought I would prefer direct input selection.

useroSFWDI7Hqf
Constellation

What an idiotic move by Samsung. I assumed (incorrectly apparently) that a >$1,000 soundbar would have discrete input commands.

I have 2 devices connected to HDMI 1 and 2. An AppleTV 4K (HDMI 2) and a DirecTV receiver (HDMI 1). So now I have to assign a source button on the remote. Which would be fine for me. But this is a huge issue for others in my household.