cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

HW-Q90R Apple TV Disney+ Atmos content

New Q90R soundbar owner here. I'm trying to test some Atmos content on the soundbar and I'm not certain everything is set correctly (as I haven't seen the "Atmos" scroll across the bar display). I have my Apple 4K hooked up to the HDMI2 on the bar, all of my HDMI cables are new 2.1 48 gbps "8k" cables, any test I can run in Apple TV seem to indicate I'm getting the max through put. 
If I queue up Disney+ content in Dolby Vision, HDR 10 or any ultra hd format, visually my display looks good, but I'm uncertain if the HW-Q-90R is putting Atmos through, by default (I believe) the AppleTV is putting the highest quality options through for video and audio, but should I see Atmos scroll on my display? The soundstage "feels" wider, if I hang my ear above any of the up drivers, I think I'm hearing ambient sounds... but it could just be bleed over from the other drivers

any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: HW-Q90R Apple TV Disney+ Atmos content

Okay, just an update after trying 20 random ideas last night... I am now seeing the "Dolby Atmos" scroll for both my AppleTV (Disney+ and select Prime content) and Amazon Prime through my Xfinity cable box/Apps. These are the two HDMI inputs I'm using on my bar, connected to ARC on my TV. 
I'd love to tell you what specifically allowed content to successfully pull through the bar, but I'm honestly unsure what did the trick. I toggled the Atmos settings in the AppleTV, spent some time in the settings and testing there. On my TV audio settings (contrary to what I believe is the setting I should use [bitstream], I selected a default Dolby setting). 
In any case, I'm definitely impressed with the Atmos content I have been able to test so far, the entire soundstage is noticeably different (bigger/taller) with Atmos content. Watched a sequence in Aladdin and Avengers End Game (Disney+ Dolby Vision and Atmos)... It's pretty amazing how far the soundbar has come, HW-Q90R is a winner. 

Highlighted
Constellation

How did you connect all with the soundbar for Dolby Atmos. Can you descripe it

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi mate.

I've just read your post, I've purchased the same and experiencing the same issue. My Sony Tv does not support atmos, it's a 

Sony Bravia 65Xe9305b

however,  I've purchased a Apple TV 4K 5th generation.

Will this enable me to watch atmos films ? if I connect directly to the soundbar with HDMI 

Please someone help!!!