cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: HW-Q90R Atmos not working

My issue seems related. UE55MU7000 + HW-Q80R, newest firmwares.

Netflix and Amazon do not show Atmos logo's, only 5.1. When I set the TV to Dolby Digigal Plus, the soundbar displays "Dolby Atmos" but the soundbar front-top and side speakers are in fact not working in that mode. So seems like it reverts to stereo.  In normal Dolby Digital mode it's all in proper 5.1 with all speakers working normally. 

Tried resetting smarthub, the complete TV and the soundbar. The only thing that did was have the soundbar sort of recognize Dolby Atmos by displaying that on the front, but it's not really Atmos like I said.

Atmos demo movies on USB connected to the OneConnect box also will not play actual Atmos sound. The soundbar will display "Dolby Atmos" but once again only front+center speakers work. But that might be a limitation of the OneConnect box.

Seems like dodgy software to me, or a new soundbar with faulty hardware causing Atmos streams to revert to stereo. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Have the same issue with Q90R.  My setup is an LG OLED connected to the soundbar over ARC and an Nvidia Sheild connected directly to the soundbar.  The soundbar has the latest firmware.

Sound seems to cut off while streaming Netflix and DisneyPlus, with "Dolby Atmos" reappearing on the soundbar.  I tried Netflix and DisneyPlus on LG apps and Sheild apps - same issue.  It seems to be random as it doesn't occur on the same scene every time.   There is no issue when watching an Atmos movie from a hard drive connect to the Sheild (via Kodi).  It happens when playing a movie from a hard drive connected to Nvidia Sheild as well.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Me too. Netflix says movie or show is available in atmos...soundbar only plays 5.1. Latest firmware released days ago. LG SM8600 tv that supports atmos but when swapping to HDMI ARC for the Q90R soundbar I no longer get atmos from Netflix on the soundbar.

I wish I'd never upgraded the firmware to 1010.5!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same to me, no longer get Atmos from netflix after update firmware.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same problem with my TV Q70r and Soundbar Q70. I have tried everything and nothing works. Samsung must release a update!

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have same problem 

My tv q60r

And the sound bar q70r

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue here with my HW-Q80R soundbar. Soundbar recognises Atmos content on Netflix. Display states "ATMOS", after couple of minutes the sound cuts out only to continue while the display lights up stating "ATMOS" again.

Any more news on what might cause this? 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same problem with my new q80r soundbar + sony x8500g . it cuts out randomly during watching netflix atmos or non atmos.

any idea how to fix?

Highlighted
Constellation

I am still testing but I might have solved the issue.

Try and change the powerpoint. I had a splitter on mine. I plugged the soundbar direct into the wall socket and the last two movies I had 0 hiccups.

Promising results. Hope this helps some of you!

Highlighted
Constellation

I just bought Q80R soundbar to use with Q60R TV. All on the latest firmware.

ATMOS on netflix droupout every few minutes and it is very annoying.

Samsung this is definitely the bug on your software please fix it ASAP.