Original topic:

HW-Q90R Soundbar and desktop PC connectivity

(Topic created on: 7/29/20 4:13 AM)
userSqeq7VoKMl
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi.

I have recently purchased this soundbar and I love the sounds it produces but something irks me.

Is it really not possible for a device that has MSRP of about 1500 € to be connected while on PC wirelessly? 

I mean not using bluetooth but Wi-Fi since it has much higher fidelity. I know there is an option to connect it to the PC via the optical cable but is there really no way to connect it via the Wi-Fi? Except using bluestack and using android app Smart Things, which is also somewhat buggy when it comes to connecting using Wi-Fi.

The Samsung Multiroom doesn't even work with me so no point in trying that.

Is this the support you get when you pay out premium? I mean hardware its all there but software wise, yikes.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userSqeq7VoKMl
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I think I don't need it.

I managed to get it working by connecting HDMI from the GPU to the HDMI in and the audio is amazing.

It still irks me not being able to get it to have working over Wi-FI but having HDMI working with PC is more than enough for me.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
userSqeq7VoKMl
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I think I don't need it.

I managed to get it working by connecting HDMI from the GPU to the HDMI in and the audio is amazing.

It still irks me not being able to get it to have working over Wi-FI but having HDMI working with PC is more than enough for me.

View solution in context