cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usertlDU1wsV7g
Asteroid

HW-Q90R Soundbar

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just installed the HW-Q90R and at first everything was fine. I have the sound bar connected on Arc on both sides (soundbar & TV) and I have an apple TV connected to the soundbar. When I switch apple tv to my cable box, the channel on the soundbar switches automatically from HDMI 1 to Arc, but when I want to go from watching from my cabl box, back to the Apple TV, the channel on the soundbar stays on ARC and does not switch to HDMI 1 on its own. How can i get the channel to change automatically again? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-Q90R Soundbar

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you switch the channel does sound still emit from the speakers?

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you switch the channel does sound still emit from the speakers?

usertlDU1wsV7g
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When i go from apple tv to cable box, yes. Channel changes. When I go the other way around, it doesn’t

effadj
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here except in my case I am switching betwwen a DirecTV (TV ARC output <-> soundbar ARC port) and a Panasonic UHD player (HDMI Audio output only to Soundbar HDMI-1, player Video output directly to the TV HDMI-2 port).

Also, I have another problem is when I am using the NetFlix app on the UHD player (supports Atmos) or a viewing a UHD disc movie and then exit that function to get back to the players' menu items (Top Menu), the soundbar input goes to ARC and stays there.  Why?  It's like the soundbar is sensing auto from the TV via the ARC port and switches to it.  If I start the movie again, I have to manually change the soundbar input back to HDMI-1.  I am about to scream!  Recently Atmos stopped working from the player's NetFlix app.  That used to work well until I updated the firmware.

For the price of this soundbar I expect this soundbar to perform flawlessly. 

Soundbar firmware on all speakers at v1008 (recent).

Thanks.

effadj
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@effadj wrote:

Same problem here except in my case I am switching betwwen a DirecTV (TV ARC output <-> soundbar ARC port) and a Panasonic UHD player (HDMI Audio output only to Soundbar HDMI-1, player Video output directly to the TV HDMI-2 port).

Also, I have another problem is when I am using the NetFlix app on the UHD player (supports Atmos) or a viewing a UHD disc movie and then exit that function to get back to the players' menu items (Top Menu), the soundbar input goes to ARC and stays there.  Why?  It's like the soundbar is sensing auto from the TV via the ARC port and switches to it.  If I start the movie again, I have to manually change the soundbar input back to HDMI-1.  I am about to scream!  Recently Atmos stopped working from the player's NetFlix app.  That used to work well until I updated the firmware.

For the price of this soundbar I expect this soundbar to perform flawlessly. 

Soundbar firmware on all speakers at v1008 (recent).

Thanks.

I wonder if there is something wrong with the soundbar's Anytime+ (HDMI-CEC) interface thru the ARC port that causes the soundbar switching when it should not.   Anyway, something is out of wack.

effadj
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Last night I watching You Tube from the Panasonic UHD player (Audio goes to soundbar HDMI-1 input).  When I switch to watch the DirecTV (DTV output to TV, audio from TV to soundbar via ARC HDMI ports).  The TV is a Samsung F8000.  I got the video of course but no audio from the soundbar.  The soundbar did change to ARC input as it should.  After trying everything I could think of, I finally power-cycle the soundbar and it then worked.  Argh.

usertlDU1wsV7g
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do hou power cycle?

effadj
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usertlDU1wsV7g wrote:

How do hou power cycle?

Unplug the power from the soundbar, wait 30 seconds, and plug it back in.

Samsung_lfXhmEt
Astronaut

Traduction française

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Traduction française