Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

HW-Q90R: Spotify Connect/Wifi issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

About two weeks ago I bought a soundbar of the type Samsung HW Q90R at Mediamarkt. Everything seems to work smoothly, except for the wifi function:
* at spotify connect, the connection drops out several times per song. This is very ambiguous. On my phone, I have to select the soundbar back as "Available Device" and the song usually starts again. So it seems as if the soundbar disappears as a Device and then immediately available again.
* When using the soundbar on TV, the messages "Wifi Disconnected" and "Wifi Connected" appear every few minutes.
* when using TuneIn from the SmartThings app, for example, it works, and I don't experience any hiccups

The firmware is set according to the app:
HW-Q90RWWB-1007.9
126R

There only seems to be a new firmware version in the US, which solves some problems....

A wifi problem on the side of the network doesn't really seem to be the cause, considering all my other devices (including smart speakers) are running smoothly.

What can I do about it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-Q90R: Spotify Connect/Wifi issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, was this purchase in the US? Also how long has this been occurring? Have you tried restarting the router? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, was this purchase in the US? Also how long has this been occurring? Have you tried restarting the router? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HI @SamsungCaleb 

No I did not purchase it there. I just wanted to start a topic here in case other users (in US) have the same issues as I do.

I have this sound bar now for three weeks. The first week I didn't really try the wifi features, but the last two weeks they have always been there. 

The weird thing is that when watching tv, I get the messages "Wifi disconnected" "Wifi Connected" on the soundbar every five to ten minutes. 

What I have tried so far:

* reset the bar

* reset the wifi connection

* firmware upgrade: 1007.9 is the latest version according to SmartThings, and was already installed (although I see 1008 in your region?)

I could try a router restart as well. Other actions I need to take when doing this?

Kind regards

Kim

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @SamsungCaleb 

I can understand this. I just started this topic as I got only limited feedback since a couple of days.

Also, I wanted to know I one can install US firmware on a EU model?

what is different then on a Non-US model, or is this just about compliance?

Kind regards

Kim