cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

HW-Q90R Surround speaker connectivity issues

So I recently got the HW -Q90R and have noticed that the audio coming out of the sub and both surround speakers is constantly choppy cutting in and out.  I already went through all the troubleshooting steps and it is still happening.  Just wondering if this is a known issue and if there is a fix or I got a defective unit and should return it for a different one. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-Q90R Surround speaker connectivity issues

I'm sorry to hear that, How do you have everything connected to the TV?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I've got an Apple Tv 4K plugged directly into the soundbar and then the HDMI (ARC) from the soundbar to the TV.  Soundbar sounds great and works flawlessly but the surround speakers and sub that connect wirelessly to the soundbar are choppy as they seem to lose connectivity periodically. I'm seriously thinking about returning and going with something else at this point.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for letting me know just to confirm how far away are the sub and speakers from the soundbar? Also what is your current firmware version? If updating the soundbar and moving the speakers closer to the soundbar does not help then I would recommend getting an exchange depending on the exchange period of the retailer you bought them from. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

The sub and surround sound speakers are about 8 or 9 feet away from the sound bar.  Firmware is updated.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I recommend connecting everything to your tv and not your soundbar. If this doesn't help then just as SamsungCaleb suggested, going to your retailer may be the best option.