cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOAbkR3D9iK
Constellation

HW-Q90R: how to play iphone/iOS music through WIFI (not Bluetooth)?

Hi Guys

I am new to HW-Q90R Soundbar. Few questions on the music playback..

1. How to actually play my iphone music through WIFI (not using Bluetooth)? the reason is i prefer prefer playback through wifi for higher quality music playback. I actually installed SmartThings apps but doesnt seems like there is option to choose to playback the music files from my iphone. I also installed SmartThings classic apps but it is just not responding, the last I installed the Samsung multiroom apps but the apps could not find the soundbar. 

2. Is the UHQ 32bit upscaling works from any music source such as bluetooth, HDMI and etc? 

3. Also i tried the spotify apps - i could not find the soundbar in the list of devices.. what am I missing?

4. Anyone know what is the "Virtual speaker on/off" means in the configuration?

Thanks in advance

superwing

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-Q90R: how to play iphone/iOS music through WIFI (not Bluetooth)?

Have you tried these steps when connecting to the phone?

Connecting via Wi-Fi (Wireless Network)
•• Connect a single Soundbar to Wi-Fi to access a variety of music streaming services and Internet
radio. 
•• To connect a Soundbar to a mobile device via a wireless network (Wi-Fi), the SmartThings app is
required.

1. Press the (Source) button on the top of the Soundbar or on the remote control to select “WIFI”
mode.

2. Install and launch the SmartThings app on your mobile device (e.g. smartphone or tablet).

Launch the app, and then follow the instructions on the screen to register (add) your Soundbar in
the app.
•• The automatic pop-up may not be available on some mobile devices.
If this is the case, select and complete “Add device” from the app menu. Your Soundbar is now
added to the app.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userOAbkR3D9iK
Constellation

thanks @SamsungRei

maybe i didnt explain clearly in the original post - basically i am able to install the SmartThings apps and added the Q90R sound bar. But the PROBLEM is: I could not find in the apps how to play my iphone songs..

please help.

thank you

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userOAbkR3D9iK When you are connected through Wi-Fi and you play music from the music player on the phone, does it not play through the soundbar? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userSrgXAt2EUY
Asteroid

Hi, 

I am facing the same issue with the Samsung soundbar. What I figured using SmartThings App is that, it could play music from Deezer and TuneIn accounts over wifi but not from the music you have in your iPhone. The functionality is very limited and is misleading.

i am also looking for help in finding a way to play music from the phone via wifi. I tried android version of SmartThings as well, but no luck.