cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

HW-Q90R, sub too much boom

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I set Subwoofer to 0 feels like a earthquake in my apartment . You know that moments in movies like thunder, car crash, explosions. Have to set it to -12 (max) all the time,even this is too strong. If possible would  set it to -20 -30. Can't listen to music in evenings Rnb, hip hop, rock where too much boom boom involved.

Don't want to scare my neighbors.

Is this something others experiencing too, or maybe faulty SUB.

Firmware: 1010.5

S: 240

PLEASE make an update so we can lower that Monster SUB even more. Smiley Happy

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-Q90R, sub too much boom

JUMP TO SOLUTION

An easy fix for this is just to move the subwoofer. The subwoofer's placement in a room is what accounts for the sound it makes. Turn on a movie or music with lots of bass and then move the subwoofer around the room until you have the preferred sound. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

An easy fix for this is just to move the subwoofer. The subwoofer's placement in a room is what accounts for the sound it makes. Turn on a movie or music with lots of bass and then move the subwoofer around the room until you have the preferred sound. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried different  position but nothing works, sounds the same. My room is 6x4 meters. Tried to put it near the sofa( 5-6m away from the soundbar) sub looses connection max distance is 4 meters. Rear satalites is 6 meters away but they don't have connection issues. 

Right now I have it in the recommended/standard position right side from the soundbar and 1 meter away from the corner and 10-15 cm from the wall

Similar to the pictures ( not my room)

lg-sl8yg-lifestyle-100801191-large.3x2.jpg

Samsung should give us the option to lower the subwoofer even more. 

Don't know if it is maybe faulty sub or maybe soundbar didn't get the update, it is on S:240

Some people have S:242 ( tried to update it different methods like usb, smarthings but no luck)

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you located in the US? I am not familiar with either of these updates. Have you tried changing sound modes to one with reduced bass?