cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: HW-Q90r subwoofer distortion

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The system is about a week old.  I'll check to see if they're able to swap it out since it's in the return window. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This thread can be closed as I am fairly certain that the issue is resolved.  

After upgrading my HDMI cables I decided to relocate the subwoofer closer to my TV stand and reorienting so that it fired towards the center of the room rather than into the wall.  Seems like that did the trick as I've not had the distortion since.  I suspect that something is interfering with the wireless signal but don't have a measurable way to confirm.  

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the exact same issue and I've been having it pretty much since it was new. I'm on firmware HW-Q90RWWB-1010.5 128R

I've tried different cables, power cycling, and moving the sub. Really poor experience with such an expensive system. 

How can I get this repaired or replaced? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Are you able to provide a sample recording of the issue that you are experiencing?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem as well, I send the woofer today for repair i just bought the system a week ago, I don't understand why is not working properly. Any other idea how to fix it? I'll edit this comment to say whether the woofer is fixed after the repair.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

just got subwoofer back from repair ,it worked fine for one day and again started making the same noise ,i called samsung i have to send it back again,i'm really disappointed with samsung

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I do have static comimg

from rear speakers regardless of what I play, especially for Dolby Atmos, Dolby Audio 4K type

of movies played through Apple TV. How to fix this?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone else been able to solve this? I am experiencing the same problem. I purchased this soundbar new from Samsung and my subwoofer makes this popping noise at random. Can't say what is causing it. I returned the soundbar and got a new one and the new one does the same thing. very upsetting for spending $1700+ and this keeps happening. I tried different HDMI cables and no luck. I am connecting it to a 2019 Samsung QLED Q90R 65" TV. I have attached a link to Youtube with a few clips I recorded.

https://youtu.be/vjduT2358k8

Samsung suggets I send in for service, but I have to foot the bill of shipping it even though it's in warranty.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue as well.  I even got a new subwoofer from Samsung and still have the same problem.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 90r is doing the exact same thing,   I am not happy about the situation.  

@uservWZB5J24Tu wrote:

I'm having the same issue as well.  I even got a new subwoofer from Samsung and still have the same problem.