Original topic:

HW-Q950A

(Topic created on: 5/20/21 7:44 AM)
useraKRXMehggQ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Just received this unit a few days ago. I  connected my Apple TV 4K directly to HDIM 1  and no Dolby Atmos sound can be heard from the rear speakers via the Apple TV+ app, Netflix, HBO MAX, or iTunes 4K Purchased Movies.  I believe this has to do with the lack of LPCM support on this soundbar. Anyone else having this issue? I hope Samsung can fix this quickly! 

0 Likes
2 Replies
user9qoKi6rQj1
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
B f
0 Likes
userYtRSPH6u8c
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Expanding this thread a bit - I am running into a number of issues with the HW-Q950A similar to this one.

Connecting the Q950 to an LG CX in passthrough EARC (i.e devices such as Apple TV 4K '21 to TV, then all out to EARC port on 950A), I am unable to get any multi-channel LPCM, nor does Atmos work! I am forced to put the LG in 'auto' out (which is not a solution as it introduces processing and severe lag).

To be sure, this is NOT an issue with LG SN11RG, Sonos Arc and a Denon Receiver. The Q950 has some EARC/firmware issues (maybe with EDID handshake) that prevents it from accepting passthrough full fat data which makes this new system useless. Samsung, are you aware and fixing this? Otherwise I will have to return the Q950A

0 Likes