cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

HW-Q950T Surround speakers and sub

I've been having a problem with the surround speakers and sub not turning on when the soundbar is turned on. It is normally only one that doesn't turn on. I have to unplug it wait and Pluto back in. Then it works. This is not an easy task with the rear surround mounted on a 10' ceiling. 
firmware is up to date. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-Q950T Surround speakers and sub

I'm sorry to hear that, how do you have everything connected to the TV? Also, can I have your current firmware version number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

firmware HW-Q950TWWB-1016.0

HW-Q950T is connected to QN82Q60RAFXZA via HDMI eARC CABLE. 

Everything with the soundbar and surround speakers work fine. When the TV is turned off it turns off the soundbar. When the soundbar is turned off the sub and surround speakers Blue LED turns off for a few seconds, then starts flashing Blue. 
Occasionally when turning in the TV the soundbar turns on without fail, however one of the surround speakers or sub does not turn on.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

It seems that you soundbar may need to be updated the most recent version is 1017.5, 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2020-q-series-soundbar-with-dolby-digital-dts-x-an...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

So I need the firmware update that was released yesterday. 
🤦🏼