Original topic:

HW-Q950T eARC LPCM bug

(Topic created on: 6/2/21 1:44 AM)
DaniSan
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

I have a HW-Q950T connected to an LG CX and I'm facing some issues with multichannel LPCM support with eARC.

At first, the sound bar didn't support multichannel LPCM at all, neither via eARC nor directly with HDMI inputs on the bar. A few months ago, Samsung issued a firmware update (version 1019.5) for the sound bar adding, among other things I guess, support for multichannel LPCM up to 7.1, but only with the HDMI 1 or 2 inputs, I cannot make it work via eARC.

No matter what I do or what settings I choose in the TV, there's some kind of handshake issue and the LPCM support is only stereo, not 7.1. With other audio equipment, namely AV receivers that support 7.1 LPCM via eARC it works beautifully, but I cannot get this to work with the HW-Q950T.

Can please someone provide assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

I am sorry, the HW-Q950T does not currently support the LCPM codec.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userYtRSPH6u8c
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

That's completely wrong. The recent update fixed LPCM via EARC, and the same is true for the 950A. The issue is a handshake issue between the firmware on LG CX and the Samsung Soundbars. 

0 Likes
DaniSan
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I'm afraid this information is incorrect. 

At first the sound bar didn't support LPCM but firmware 1019.5 added support for LPCM.

0 Likes
userYtRSPH6u8c
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

As noted - this is wrong. This is a bug that has been sustained from the 950t to the 950A - which also DOES support LPCM but is failing to do a proper handshake with LG CX (and C1 etc.) where other sound bards (LG, Sonos) work fine.

Will this be fixed or am I going to have to return the 950A just purchased (since it was never even fixed with the 't')

0 Likes
DaniSan
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Any chance you can forward this to engineering so they can take a look at what's going on?

0 Likes