Original topic:

HW-Q950T won't pass through Apple TV 4K

(Topic created: 07-14-2021 05:29 PM)
userVfoINxkWi4
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a HW-Q950T soundbar system. 
I recently purchased a new Apple TV 4K 64GB (2021) streaming device. 
I have the Apple TV4K  going to the Q950T input, and then the output of the Q950T going to the TV.   Like this:
Apple TV4K -----> Q950T -----> TV
I am using "Premium" 18mbps HDMI cables.
When I first set this up, the Q950T would not pass the Apple TV4K signal through to the TV.     
When I put the input on the soundar to "HDMI 1" it quickly flashes back to "D.IN"
I did a firmware update on the Q950T with the SmartThings app and then it worked fine with the Apple TV4K for about a week.  
Today the Q950T stopped passing the Apple TV4K through to the TV, just like before I did the firmware update.   I tried another firmware update and it said there are no new updates.
The Apple TV4K works just fine when I bypass the soundbar and connect it directly to the TV, so I know the Apple TV4K is not the problem.
There is something wrong with the Q950T.      
Do I need to make a warranty claim?

0 Likes
4 Replies
CoolmanNikolai
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater
Absolutely make a warranty claim I'm not paying outrageous amounts of money for **bleep** we need to get some people to produce some good stuff and we can't let them get away with giving us 90 day warranties $1,000 pieces of equipment...venting sorry... But definitely warranty check
0 Likes
userVfoINxkWi4
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Thanks!
The Samsung HW-Q950T soundbar is on it's way to Samsung's repair center in New Jersey right now.  
The problem is definitely with the Q950T and I'm tired of waiting for Samsung tech people to respond.   
One would think that with a soundbar they are currently retailing for $1,800 Samsung would have some better quality control.

0 Likes
userD7pViklvqk
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Heard back? Or what was the outcome? 

As I have a q950t soundbar as well and planning on purchasing Apple TV 4k 2021 as well. So I better hope that Samsung fixes the issue. 

As I know that this setup works on q950a which uses the same front soundbar. So q950t should also work.

0 Likes
userVfoINxkWi4
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I haven't heard anything back yet.   I sent it out Thursday so the earliest they would have received it was yesterday. 
Once I hear something or get it back and hook it up I will post the outcome.

0 Likes