cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

HW-R550/ZF Firmware Update Message: No Data

Hi.

Im trying to update my Soundbar following the procedure on the website (Donloaded a .ROM file to a USB drive root and plug it to the Micro USB port and set the Soundbar to USB) , but I receive the following message: No Data.

1) Any ideas?

2) How can I know the formawre version of the soundbar to compare it with the one Im trying to install?

Thank you for the help.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-R550/ZF Firmware Update Message: No Data

I'm sorry to hear that, have you checked on the smart things app for the latest version you have on the soundbar? It may already be up to date. Also if it's not up to date, when you put the file on the USB are you putting it into another folder on the USB or keeping it in the main directory? And have you made sure to unzip the file once it's downloaded? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi Caleb,

Thank you for your message.

1.- I cannot see the soundbar in the Smart Things App, because the app says HW-R550/ZF is not on the supported model list (please see image). I cannot check the current version of the firmware.

2.- I unzipped the file at my desktop, formatted the USB drive using FAT32 and placed the file at the root (file name: HMS-R550WWB-1002.0.ROM)

Please let me know if you think of an alternative way to find out if the version installed (to compare it with the one I'm trying to install).

Thanks again.

IMG_1688.jpeg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Just to confirm are you downloading the file from Samsung's US website or downloading from your country's Samsung website? Also, I would recommend reaching out to your country support team using the link below. 

http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi,

I downloaded the file from the US site (now it s ssp file) that according to the upgrade instructions is a front-end file, but I'm still receiving the same message (No Data).

This makes me think the soundbar has the latest firmware version, but I can't confirm it.

If anytime in the future a new version comes out I will try to install it, and if it does not work I will contact support.

Thanks.