JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-R60C/ZA Soundbar keeps switching from ARC to Bluetooth mode

(Topic created: 01-14-2020 10:52 AM)
user4mQllMvOI3
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Bought a Samsung HW-R60C/ZA sound bar from Sam's.  Hooked to our new Samsung QLED TV via HDMI ARC; everthing auto connected with no issues.  Everything workded great for a day.  For kicks I paired my phone and laptop via bluetooth to see how they sounded (OK, but not great).  Ever since, everytime I turn on teh TV the soundbar switches to BT mode; even after it switch it back to ARC with the remote - after a few seconds it switches bac to BT.  I called support and the had me unplug the TV, the Soundbar and the HDMI cable and the power and hook everything back up.  This has worked twice but then it reverts the next time we turn the TV on.  I don't view this as an acceptable routine everytime we turn on the TV.

9 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

I'm sorry to hear that, would you by chance have your phone and/or laptop still paired to your sound bar? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user4mQllMvOI3
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I'm sure they are still "paired" though not active.  And why would a Bluetooth paired device override the HDMI ARC connection; and why won't it allow me to use the source button on the soundbar or remote to select the TV-ARC source and keep it?

Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

I would recommend disconnecting the paired devices from the soundbar, the laptop could be still sending signals so it would auto switch to the most recent device on the soundbar. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user4mQllMvOI3
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I'll try this tonight though it doesn't really make sense.  I should be able to use the source button on the Soundbar or Remote and select the source I want and expect the unit to maintain it.

On Sunday night we wanted to watch a movie and I had to do the whole power down, disconnect and reconnect routine.  It then worked for the movie on Sunday night.  Then when I turned on the TV to watch the ballgame last night it reverted to BT and I had to do the entire power down, disconnect and reconnect routine again.  Even though, the most recent Source last night would have been the HDMI ARC source from the movie on Sunday night.

I'll make sure both devices are unpaired tonight before I turn the TV on.  But it doesn't seem right I should need to.  Thanks for your response

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Keep us updated! 

0 Likes
user4mQllMvOI3
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I unpaired both devices before turning on the TV and it did come on connected to TV-ARC and maintained it.  Therefore, it seems to have worked.

But the question remains why can't I, using the source button on the remote or the soundbar, select the source I want and have it maintain the source?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

That's good to hear! The reason it was doing that was that the laptop and or phone were still sending signals to the soundbar and would cause the soundbar to auto-connect to that device. 

0 Likes
Solution
user4mQllMvOI3
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I'll accept this but it doesn't make sense or answer the question as to why can't I, using the source button on the remote or the soundbar, select the source I want and have it maintain the source?

But I'll accept it so you can close this out.  thanks,

usert3ik85CT4R
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

It's not an acceptable answer because the soundbar will pair on It's own. No code required. If your neighbor has a bt transmitter it could pair with your soundbar and you would never know or be able to unpaired it. 

Mine is a brick for that reason. I'll replace tomorrow.

0 Likes