cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

HW-R650

Having used this soundbar for about 1 month, the only way I can get it to work is when I use the BlueTooth connection. ARC and or the HDMI it does nothing, no sound as a matter of fact when trying to use the HDMI the soundbar freezes and will not do nothing, even the remote does not work, I have to unplug it to get it working again, what am I doing wrong and ideas/suggestions to be able to use the ARC or HDMI connections?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-R650

Have you tried a different HDMI cable? Also, what is your current firmware version for the soundbar? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks and that worked.........BUT.....one more question, when I use a streaming service like NETFLIX, Amazon Prime I have to swith it over to Bluetooth to get sound out of the soundbar, is there a way I can use the HDMI hookup for streaming, am I missing something?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

How is everything hooked up? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

With the HDMI cable from back of the TV to the soundbar.....

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you using an external device to stream Netflix? Or are you streaming form an app directly on the TV 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I am using a Samsung smart TV so it is a app that was on the TV......

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have the full model number and software version for the TV? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Ok Model = UN75JU6500F / Software version = 1530....

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

For your connections, please ensure that the HDMI ARC port (out) is connected to the HDMI ARC port of your tv.