Original topic:

HW-S60A auto powers off after 20 minutes

(Topic created: 02-05-2022 09:28 AM)
usernptlIDxTcs
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Our new Samsung Soundbar HW-S60A, 2021 Model powers off automatically after 20 min while watching a movie.  We have the soundbar connected to our TV via an Optical Cable.  The soundbar has the latest firmware 1009.2.  There is no information anywhere about turning off this feature.  How do you fix it?

13 Replies
userjDYqp55k62
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
I'm having the same issue as well. S60A sound bar is connected via optical cable and running apps through Xbox Series S but while watching shows/movies it auto powers off after 20 minutes. Haven't been able to find a way to turn this feature off.
0 Likes
usernptlIDxTcs
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I finally connected with support. They had power cycled my soundbar by unplugging it for 2 minutes. After I plugged it back in it appeared to work.  

0 Likes
userjDYqp55k62
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
Did that a couple of days ago and so far its been working for me as well.
0 Likes
usernptlIDxTcs
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Spoke too soon. I am continuing to have the issue even after power cycling. It worked once but no longer works.

0 Likes
userQSguciIDoT
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hello All,

Same issue here. Has anyone found a solution?

0 Likes
userWsi7rS79Nc
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I got this sound bar just yesterday and I'm having this problem as well, also using optical cable. Super easy to reproduce, it happens every ~20 minutes. My firmware version is HW-S60AWWB-1010.1 / 57.

0 Likes
userWsi7rS79Nc
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Update: as I said I could reproduce this problem reliably, I did several times in a row, it always takes exactly 18 minutes to power off, that's the "Auto Power Down Function" according to the manual.

I contacted the customer service, they suggested to reset the soundbar by pressing the + and - buttons for a few seconds until the lights start to blink. I tried and I didn't think it would make a difference but to my surprise the problem seems to be gone now.

I will continue testing for the next few days, I hope the problem does not come back.

0 Likes
userWsi7rS79Nc
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

This worked fine for a few hours, after resetting it with the +/- method I could play music for more than 20 minutes without problems, but at some point it started to fail again. There's clearly a software bug here somewhere and I hope it gets fixed soon because otherwise I'm planning to return my soundbar and request a refund.

0 Likes
user2AUHnoReXr
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Yep same problem here. Latest firmware, shuts off after 18 minutes running PS4. Ive had nothing but problems with this bar so far, think I will just return it if they can't fix this asap. 

0 Likes